1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Unexpected meeting

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lindenlea, Mar 23, 2016.

1. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

I walked past someone this pm who I worked with for one year, in about 1977 but hadn't seen or been in touch with since 1983. She called out to me by name. Her husband is in the same golf club as my husband and apparently his name had come up in conversation recently and she had said she used to know someone of that name and they had been talking about us. She must have the memory of an elephant. It was lovely to speak to her. She lives about a mile away from me and I've got her number so may get in touch again. Once she had caught my attention I knew who it was, but would never have picked her out.
    What a pleasant event.

delnon and ScotSEN like this.
  2. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

How lovely...

3. Eureka!

Eureka! Lead commenter

Yes that sounds like a pleasant occasion Linden. Betcha never get in contact though!

4. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

Ha ha, well, I might not. Husband will see her husband at golf though so may ask them to join us for a curry night with other friends or something like that. I'm a bit lame socially but not a complete basketcase.

5. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

I saw someone in the Town Hall today. She remembered my name and that my hair used to be red. She's my councillor and is a very hard worker for the community.

6. Eureka!

Eureka! Lead commenter

Ah yes , the Golf Club connection - I expect something will materialize from that. I would expect nothing less than a canapé and Martini evening. Or I am out of touch lol..

lindenlea likes this.
  7. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

We haven't met have we Eureka!

8. Eureka!

Eureka! Lead commenter

Unless it was at the County Charity Ball?

9. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

Have it your own way :)

10. Eureka!

Eureka! Lead commenter

I knew you were generous!