1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Understanding this forum..help!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by the saviour, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Hi, l am new to all this, could someone please list a meaning of what all the codes mean, l have managed to suss a few out, but am struggling with most to be honest.
    Thanks x

2. I'll say some I know, but I'm sure there are more:
    AF = Aunt Flo - a horribly twee way of saying period.
    BD = baby dance
    DTD = do the deed
    OH / DH = other half / dear husband
    DPO = days past ovulation
    EWCM = egg white cervical mucus
    POAS = pee on a stick
    If there's more maybe you could post what they are and people can help I'm sure :)p.s. for what it's worth - I'd like to abolish 'Aunt Flo' I figure that by the time we're woman enough to be trying for children / having babies we can say 'period' without swooning.

3. TTC = Trying to conceive
    BFN = big fat negative
    BFP = big fat positive
    BH = braxton hicks
    SPD = symbis pubis disfunction (sore pelvis in pregnancy)
    PGP = pelvic girdle pain (more recent and generic pelvic pain in pregnancy)
    BF = breast feeding
    EBF = exclusive breastfeeding
    Julieacorn I agree Aunt Flo is a horrible phrase. I think that 'AF' has made it's way into TTC lingo and is just a fast way of writing period - never really seen it written out whole.
    It is a maze of acronyms, a bit like teaching!

4. I think AF is just a quick way of writing it plus personifying it allows people to be slightly humerous at a stressful time. I agree we are mature enough to say period but it would make the posts quite clinical maybe?

Anyway, the only other one I could think of was TWW - two week wait

5. I don't bother with any of the forums on this site but find this abbreviations list useful for quick reference
    http://www.babyandbump.com/forum-help-testing-area/730-babyandbump-lingo-abbreviations.html

6. Thought I would bump this up for all the new TTCers as there seem to be a few joinging the TTC thread at the moment. x