1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

understanding addition and subtraction - errors and misconceptions

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by nicola_136, Apr 16, 2007.

1. what errors or misconceptions do children present in the foundation stage when developing the appropriate ability to understand and use addition and subtraction vocab? i have been searching for research of these within books and on the internet but hav'nt been successful in finding anything.

2. what errors or misconceptions do children present in the foundation stage when developing the appropriate ability to understand and use addition and subtraction vocab? i have been searching for research of these within books and on the internet but hav'nt been successful in finding anything.

3. I did a PGCE essay on this last year if you want a copy? Leave your email and I'll get it to you in the next day or so x

4. cinderella1

cinderella1 New commenter

I would carry on researching as whilst you are looking for this information then you will be developing your understanding, hense the reason why we have to research and write assignments when students.

I dont personally think it is beneficial to use someone elses essay, yes it saves you time and work, but you loose out in the longer run as you do not develop the deeper understanding that comes with research and reading.

5. Hi, is it possible for you to please send me a copy of subtraction please - working on progression in my school at the moment . Thanks
    vanwykjannie@hotmail.com

6. inky

inky Lead commenter

We forget to explain to them what is meant by = .