1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Undergraduate Dissertation Research

Discussion in 'Primary' started by katy131198, Jan 17, 2020.

1. katy131198

katy131198 New commenter

My name is Katie Byford. I am a 3rd year student on the BA (Hons) Early Childhood Studies degree at University of Suffolk. For my final year dissertation, I am conducting a small piece of research that investigates primary school teacher’s opinions on the reward-based systems used in the primary school classroom and their effectiveness of them.

This information will hopefully provide you with detailed information about the study and will invite you to take part in this research.

What will I be asked to do if I take part?

You will be asked to complete a questionnaire in relation to the topic area of my research.

Depending on the depth of your answers, it should only take approximately 5-10 minutes to complete the questions. I have designed the questionnaire to be a short process as I understand being a teacher is a busy and demanding role and I do not want to take up a lot of your time

Do I need to take part? What if I don’t want to take part in this study?

It is completely your choice as to whether you want to participate in this study. In effect, you can opt in and take part, but I need to emphasise that due to the anonymity of the questionnaires, it will not be possible to retract your feedback once you have submitted it.

The reason for the anonymity is due to the importance of not being able to identify where you (the participant) work or where you live; this is for the safety of both the participant and the children in the school of which the participant works.

What will happen to the data?

As mentioned previously, anonymity and confidentiality will be upheld throughout the course of the study. All questionnaire responses will be kept completely confidential and stored on a password protected computer during the course of the study, and will be destroyed after completing the reporting of the results. Only myself and my supervisor will have access to the information provided prior to the submission of the dissertation in May 2020.

Where can I obtain further information if I need it?

Should you want any additional information or need to ask any further questions, please contact:

Katie Byford (student) at k.byford@uos.ac.uk

- or -

Allison Boggis (dissertation supervisor) at a.boggis@uos.ac.uk

Thank you for taking the time to read my post. If you are happy to participate in this research, please follow the link below to the questionnaire.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Y2SHXBW

2. holdon

holdon New commenter

Done. Hope it helps.

katy131198 likes this.
  3. katy131198

katy131198 New commenter

Thank you :)

4. cassandramark2

cassandramark2 Lead commenter

Done. Good luck with your dissertation.

5. katy131198

katy131198 New commenter

Thank you for your response :)

6. katy131198

katy131198 New commenter

Hoping this comment might give my post another boost!

Thank you to all who have participated so far, I’m extremely grateful! :) I am still after a few more responses if anyone is able to offer me a few minutes of their time to complete my questionnaire. Thank you all again :)