1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Undergraduate dissertation project combining chemistry and education

Discussion in 'Science' started by aepclinton, Nov 15, 2016.

1. aepclinton

aepclinton New commenter

I'm hoping some chemistry teachers may be able to help me. I'm a final year chemistry undergraduate who has applied for teacher training for next year. For personal reasons, I have had to change my dissertation project to one which is non-lab based, and my supervisor suggested looking at writing my dissertation based on education in chemistry. To meet the requirements of the module it has to involve some research element.
    I have been thinking about looking at how the use of hands-on activities such as games can be used to help learners at GCSE level with some of the more challenging concepts such as electrolysis, redox or equilibrium.
    If any chemistry (or science) teachers have any thoughts on other projects that I could do, ideally that would be beneficial to the wider community as research in this area, or beneficial to my teaching career, then I would very much like to hear your views.
    Thank you so much