1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Under the Sea KS2 - Quality Texts

Discussion in 'Primary' started by skt107, Apr 13, 2012.

1. I am doing Under the Sea with my Year 3 class and wondered if anyone could recommend any quality narrative texts to use? I am hoping to link it with finding nemo in the end and do some story writing based around that.

2. paul_mc1

paul_mc1 New commenter

Although not a text, Endless Ocean for the Wii is a brilliant game you could use (think it costs about £30). You take on the role of a diver and go underwater to explore different oceans, get to take pictures of rare sea life and undertake various tasks. I'm going to use it with my Y2s next term, I can't wait!!!!!

3. paul_mc1

paul_mc1 New commenter

You can introduce it as a whole class and set the scene but then different groups of children can complete different tasks / mini projects. Found this blog which has some good ideas although it's from a Year 5 class:
    http://tbarrett.edublogs.org/2009/09/19/using-endless-ocean-wii-in-the-classroom-weeks-1-and-2-dive-and-discover/ There's now an Endless Ocean 2 which looks even better. You can have some class dives and also different group dives, research into different sea life, interviews with the divers, lots of story writing ideas.