1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Undelivered item - what can I do?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Seadream, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Seadream

Seadream New commenter

I ordered something called Tava Tea after I'd read lots of web pages recommending it. I paid for £40 for 3 boxes, 3 and a half weeks ago and it hasn't arrived. There's no phone number listed for the company but you can email them. I've now sent four and had no reply. After lots of internet searching, I see the company is based in Rotterdam. I'm at a loss as to what to do. Can anyone offer advice?

2. Seadream

Seadream New commenter

I ordered something called Tava Tea after I'd read lots of web pages recommending it. I paid for £40 for 3 boxes, 3 and a half weeks ago and it hasn't arrived. There's no phone number listed for the company but you can email them. I've now sent four and had no reply. After lots of internet searching, I see the company is based in Rotterdam. I'm at a loss as to what to do. Can anyone offer advice?

3. Was it from tavatea.com?

4. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

How did you pay? Credit Cards and Paypal both have security built in. If you get in touch with them they will action a dispute and reimburse you if there's still a problem.
    Does the company have a Facebook page? I got a refund off a company after contacting them publicly on there as they don't like the negative publicity x

5. Seadream

Seadream New commenter

It was http://www.buytavateauk.co.uk/

6. Seadream

Seadream New commenter

I paid by credit card, but apparently your only insured for purchases over £100. They do have a facebook page but it hasn't been posted on since May 2010. I'll give a rant a try though! It's all irritating as it was reviewed by The Sun and The Mirror, so I wasn't buying an unknown product.

7. The buytavateauk website was registered by a chap called Paul Beatty...subsequent searches link him to another company...

http://www.smile4you.co.uk/

which has a telephone number. :¬))

8. Seadream

Seadream New commenter

Thanks Bauble - you're a star

9. Seadream

Seadream New commenter

Spoke to a bloke there who had no idea what I was talking about and has never heard of Tava Tea.....

10. Very strange...I've just done another whois search for www.buytavatea.co.uk andcame up with this..

11. Right..

buytavatea.co.uk is registered to Paul Beatty who is also linked to smile4you.co.uk

buytavateauk.co.uk is registered to Karl Hutchinson .

They seem very similar. :¬))

12. Seadream

Seadream New commenter

Thanks for all this Bauble - my son has been mithering me since I brought him back from nursery so I haven't had a chance to follow them up - but I will!

13. he he ..I am enjoying this...call me Mrs. Marple.

Karl Hutchinson who is the registrant of www.buytavateauk.co.uk is also the owner of an online marketing company called Reviewbase Limited.
    he was also a director of ..
    http://rooflinenottinghamshire.co.uk/

<table cellpadding="5" cellspacing="5"><tr><td align="left"> </td>
    <td colspan="2" align="left"> <h1>Mr Karl Andrew Hutchinson</h1>

Share[/URL]

</td>
    </tr>

<tr>
    <td align="left"> </td>
    <td align="left">
    <h2>Director Summary</h2>
    Mr Karl Andrew Hutchinson has 2 company director or secretary appointments.

Short name - Karl Hutchinson

Director ID : 915627658

Month/Year of Birth: 03/1979
    (For security reasons we only show Month/Year)

<h2>Address</h2>
    30 Loxley Drive
    Mansfield
    Nottingham
    England
    NG18 4FB

</td>
    <td align="left">

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Advertise on this website
    </td>
    </tr>

<tr>
    <td align="left"> </td>
    <td colspan="2" align="left">

<h2>Company Summary</h2>
    <table cellpadding="2">
    <tr><td>Company Name</td><td align="left">Company Status</td><td align="left"> </td></tr>

<tr><td>REVIEWBASE LTD</td><td align="left">Active</td><td align="left"> </td></tr>
    <tr><td>NOTTINGHAMSHIRE ROOFLINE LIMITED</td><td align="left">Active</td><td align="left"> (Director Resigned)</td></tr>
    </table>
    </td>
    </tr>

<tr>
    <td align="left"> </td>
    <td colspan="2" align="left">

<table>

<tr><td colspan="2"><h2>REVIEWBASE LTD</h2>[​IMG]

</td></tr><tr><td>
    Appointment Date: 09/12/2010
    Position: Director

Company Status: Active
    Last Updated: 6:32pm 12/11/2011
    Check for credit report
    </td><td>Address:

30 LOXLEY DRIVE
    MANSFIELD
    NOTTINGHAM
    NG18 4FB
    GB
    </td></tr><tr><td>Directors and Secretaries

Load Officers
    </td><td>Company Accounts:

To view financial summary login
    </td></tr><tr><td colspan="2"><h2>NOTTINGHAMSHIRE ROOFLINE LIMITED</h2>[​IMG]

</td></tr><tr><td>
    Appointment Date: 08/02/2007
    Position: Director

Company Status: Active
    Last Updated: 6:32pm 12/11/2011
    Check for credit report
    </td><td>Address:

UNIT 11 CREWE CLOSE
    BLIDWORTH
    MANSFIELD
    NG21 0TA
    GB
    </td></tr><tr><td>Directors and Secretaries

Load Officers
    </td><td>Company Accounts:

To view financial summary login
    </td></tr> </table>
    </td>
    </tr>

<tr>
    <td colspan="3" align="center">

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

</td></tr></table>

14. Seadream

Seadream New commenter

Aha - Roofline have a contact number so I shall call that and ask for him. I've also emailed ezinearticles asking to be put in touch with Paul Beatty and explaining why.....

15. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

The registrant could be the host of the website rather than its owner/creator so you could be barking up the wrong tree. My sister's website is registered in my name because I host it.

16. The registrant is the logical place to start...at least you have a name to follow.

17. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

Bauble are you going to wait outside Paul and Karl's houses and throw questions at them as they try to get into their cars?
    Sounds like you've got a knack for tracking these down.
    Hope you get your money back seadream.

18. I did it to a bloke I bought a dodgy pc off.....he was dead suprised to see me and the computer on his doorstep. Strangely enough he was really apologetic and must have mislaid my many emails.

19. Seadream

Seadream New commenter

Grrr - so Karl Hutchinson no longer works for Roofline (it says on the paperwork but I still phoned to check).... There's no contact details for reviewbase ltd although they appear to host another pile of websites to do with article writing.....