1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Unable to Start a Private Conversaion PM/DM

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by teacher_tony, Mar 20, 2019.

1. teacher_tony

teacher_tony New commenter

Following the "How To" Guide in this forum channel, I have tried both routes into starting a conversation.

From the profile dropdown and accessing the Conversations page, there is no 'Start a Conversation' link,
    There is also no 'Start a Conversation' link from the profile overlay when selecting someones profile.

Do I need to do something or have a certain status before I can PM/DM?

2. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

It's because you are a new member. "New commenters" are not able start a Conversation until they have an established posting history. @TES_Rosaline may be able to say more about when new members are able to start a Conversation.

However you are able to receive Conversations and reply to them. So if there is someone you want to start a Conversation with you can ask them (by a post on open forum) to start a Conversation with you.

3. teacher_tony

teacher_tony New commenter

4. TES_Rosaline

TES_Rosaline Administrator Staff Member

Hello @teacher_tony,

Welcome to the forums. All members are encouraged to regularly post in the forums in order to reach the required established status to unlock more features on the forum platform, such as editing posts and starting private conversations.

Please be assured that if you continue to regularly post in the forums then your current status will change - automatically. We do not give out the details of the timescales or thresholds needed to become an established member of the forum.

Thank you @Rott Weiler for alerting me to the thread.