1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Unable to Publish resources

Discussion in 'Tes Authors' Group' started by elder_cat, Jan 2, 2018.

1. elder_cat

elder_cat Established commenter

Just wondering if anyone else is having this problem at the moment? I have tried half a dozen times now to publish a resource (zip file and cover sheet). :(

Everything seems to work OK, up to the final screen. It shows the Preview fine, and the button to return to 'Edit' mode works OK. But the 'Publish' button doesn't seem to be working at all.

I get a message saying the resource has been saved as a draft in my Author Dashboard, but when I open that it says I have not published any resources.
    I emailed author help and got a reply, confirming my Dashboard was empty, but telling confirming that the resource is showing up in the database.

Juts wondering if it's somehow to do with my browser, or whether anyone else is experiencing the same issue ?o_O

2. mrajlong

mrajlong Established commenter

Sorry if you've tried this, but have you ticked the disclaimer box on the publish page. The publish button will not be clickable until you do this :)

3. elder_cat

Thanks, but yes, the box was ticked each time before I clicked the 'Publish' button. The help team suggested I use Chrome rather than Firefox as my browser. I can't see why as everything else works apart from the actual 'Publish' button. I have put Chrome on my computer, and will try with that to see if it makes any difference.

4. mathsmutt

mathsmutt Star commenter

You are not alone today.
    I've given up trying to upload a small pdf.:(

5. elder_cat

It's really frustrating ... I'm going to see if using Chrome makes any difference, although I suspect it won't o_O

mathsmutt likes this.
  6. elder_cat

Don't ask me why, but it works like a charm with Chrome as my browser. o_O
    Seems a bit extreme having to use a different browser for the sake of a single button, but at least it seems to do the job. :)

mathsmutt likes this.
  7. mathsmutt

mathsmutt Star commenter

Thanks - I'll try again with Chrome.

8. charliep86

charliep86 New commenter

Hello all! My apologies, I've been off over Christmas, and am only now back in the office and catching up on things. Are you all still having this issue?

9. elder_cat

Hi @charliep86
    I managed to do uploading using Chrome rather than Firefox. Haven't tried to do any using Firefox since I had the issue.

10. mischiefds

mischiefds New commenter

Hello, I'm new to all this but am having a similar problem. I uploaded a similar word document yesterday but today no luck. This morning I couldn't get past 'add files' so I gave up, this afternoon I'm past that bit (doing nothing different), but it won't let me past Categories now! I've spent so much time on this and am using Google Chrome. Help please

11. TES_Rosaline

TES_Rosaline Administrator Staff Member

Hello @mischiefds,

Sorry that you are having problems with the resources platform. Have you logged the issue with the Customer Services team by emailing help@tes.com? They will also be able to check if there are any issues with the system and talk you through the process.

In the meantime, I'll flag up the post to the Customer Services Team.

12. tesAuthorTeam

tesAuthorTeam Administrator Staff Member TES Authors' forum host

This will be unrelated to the issues previously posted in this thread. We are aware of some teething issues with the new uploader software we put live a few hours ago. While we rectify these problem we are reverting the system back to the previous version. Thank you for your patience as we perfect your new, improved uploader tool.

[Richard]