1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Unable to provide all dbs documents but have a dbs which is on the update service..

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by cys2017, Jun 27, 2018.

Tags:
  1. cys2017

cys2017 Occasional commenter

would this be okay?

2. SammyBear2016

SammyBear2016 New commenter

If it is on the update service you should only have to provide your DBS number and they will be able to check.

Lara mfl 05 and cys2017 like this.
  3. 50sman

50sman Senior commenter

Yes
    Give them the number
    To be doubly take a screenshot shot along as well

You only should have one dbs document - the original which you paid to have updated.
    Don’t forget passport or drivers licence (or both!)

4. cys2017

Hi thanks , what do you mean by screenshot to be doubly? Screenshot of what?

5. cys2017

I’ve attached two responses to emails that I recieved when I asked them my question about haveing my dbs on the update service sounds like I’ll have to do it again :(

Attached Files:

6. digoryvenn

digoryvenn Lead commenter

That is perfectly normal, so don't worry.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  7. cys2017

What’s perfectly normal?sorry just clarifying

8. digoryvenn

It is perfectly normal for schools to carry out their own DBS checks. Just take the documents you have been asked to take along to the interview.

Also, I have another suggestion. Please don't take this the wrong way but I have noticed some grammatical errors in your posts that I am sure are the result of predictive text on your phone/tablet, so if you are asked to do a written task at interview just be aware of that. For example, you used 'there' instead of 'their' and you have spelt having as 'haveing'.
    You probably won't be asked to a written task anyway.

Good luck.

9. SammyBear2016

SammyBear2016 New commenter

I would take the documents in as asked and then you can always clarify in person that as you have signed up to the online update service which means that your current DBS was not just completed up to 3 years ago but is current and up to date would they still like to proceed or you are more than happy to provide them with the details for them to log on and access you DBS check. They may still wish to proceed with a new check which they will incur the costs for.

cys2017 likes this.
  10. cys2017

I got told when I paid for my dbs with the teaching agency that it’s transferable to schools even if I applied independently like now. So I don’t get it ...

Thanks for the spelling advice

11. 50sman

50sman Senior commenter

By a screenshot I meant what you have done in a previous post.

However I worry that your dbs may not be portable anymore.
    The agency may have told you it is but unless you registered it on the update servic3 within 28 days of getting it and paid some more money directly to dbs then it is no longer portable.

12. digoryvenn

Some schools won't be up to date with the new online system!

They have a set safeguarding system which they will stick to.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  13. cys2017

Why do they have to pay to get that system to check? Or can they just do it via a simple registration? I didn’t think it was that new

14. cys2017

Yes it is on the update service as they told me when to update it .. and I asked the agencey to confirm that it was and they did. However I haven’t actually got the certificate yet .. the woman Senntbthe email I have attached in this post

Attached Files: