1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Un-toilet trained children

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by Simples101, Feb 16, 2012.

1. I am watching this morning where children in reception are not toilet trained. Firstly, the secondary head says in a nutshell, that this is the schools issue. Um... No. It is not the schools problem. Secondly, Parents should stop passing the buck. It was "I haven't got time to listen to my child read". Not acceptable, but happens. Not it is going to be "I haven't got time to toilet train my child."

It is not the schools 'job' to solve this problem. Rant over!

2. I am watching this morning where children in reception are not toilet trained. Firstly, the secondary head says in a nutshell, that this is the schools issue. Um... No. It is not the schools problem. Secondly, Parents should stop passing the buck. It was "I haven't got time to listen to my child read". Not acceptable, but happens. Not it is going to be "I haven't got time to toilet train my child."

It is not the schools 'job' to solve this problem. Rant over!

3. emilystrange

emilystrange Star commenter

agreed.
    why were they talking to a secondary head about it?

4. modgepodge

modgepodge Occasional commenter

Would the secondary head also consider it school's issue if the primary school did nothing about it, allowed the child to continue through school in nappies or whatever, then sent them in to Year 7 still not toilet trained, I wonder?

5. Agreed! Wonder if the parents would bother to train their own children by then, or simply come into school to complain that nothing has been done for them...