1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Un cavalier

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by Petite Joueuse, May 4, 2011.

1. According to Year 8, "un cavalier bleu marine" is part of their school uniform!!

(I blame Google Translate!)

2. According to Year 8, "un cavalier bleu marine" is part of their school uniform!!

(I blame Google Translate!)

3. Yes I have just used Google and jumper is the first translation of cavalier. It makes me think of a thread that was on the ICT forum recently. The poster was saying that now there was a Google app for translation, we linguists should just give in gracefully and vacate our place in the EBACC. To be replaced naturally by ICT.

4. I may have lost the will to live.

Today's gem was not just "un cavalier", but "un cavalier avec est monté".

(In other words "a jumper with a rose", except we appear to have entered "arose" into dear old Google Translate. Oh dear, oh dear).
    I should explain that the school jumper does indeed have an embroidered rose as the school's emblem.