1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

UMS query - specifically AQA B Unit 2

Discussion in 'Religious Education' started by WillowFae, Aug 25, 2011.

1. WillowFae

WillowFae New commenter

I have a query and was hoping someone could help.

This is my second year doing the AQA syllabus and we did the same unit this year as last year - Spec B, Unit 2. Now last year we felt that it was quite a good paper and indeed this years cohort did it for their mock and found it easier than this year's paper. I know that several people on here said that this year's paper was difficult with some horrid questions.

So, I have been on the AQA website and used their mark conversion. I put in a score of 49/72 which this year receives a UMS of 71. On doing the conversion that would have scored 81 last year.

Does this mean that AQA rate last year's paper as harder than this year's? Because that isn't my impression of the two papers.

2. WillowFae

WillowFae New commenter

I have a query and was hoping someone could help.

This is my second year doing the AQA syllabus and we did the same unit this year as last year - Spec B, Unit 2. Now last year we felt that it was quite a good paper and indeed this years cohort did it for their mock and found it easier than this year's paper. I know that several people on here said that this year's paper was difficult with some horrid questions.

So, I have been on the AQA website and used their mark conversion. I put in a score of 49/72 which this year receives a UMS of 71. On doing the conversion that would have scored 81 last year.

Does this mean that AQA rate last year's paper as harder than this year's? Because that isn't my impression of the two papers.