1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

UKIP to disband after the Referendum?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Yoda-, Feb 27, 2016.

1. Yoda-

Yoda- Lead commenter

So after the referendum will UKIP disband?

They will have had a referendum. What other purpose did they have?

images-12.jpg

2. GLsghost

GLsghost Star commenter

None. We can but live in hope...

3. Grassroots_Out

Grassroots_Out Occasional commenter

Should the referendum show that we vote to remain in, then I don't see any point in UKIP carrying on. The country will be assimilated into the EU Borg and will soon cease to exist as an independent state. This is the goal of the EU, but as Britain has shown a tendency towards rebellion it must be destroyed and the EU will be particularly harsh on us. The wealth of the UK will go into the EU, our borders will be opened and we will be overrun by asylum seekers and migrants of every persuasion, all with their hands out. The country will become particularly unsafe for women, homosexuals and Jews and all the left wing extremists who obviously want this to happen will supposedly be delighted. They had better hope they don't fall victim to any of the less sevoury of the UK's new ethnic population for the police will not entertain any complaints and might just prosecute you for intolerance and 'racism', but that is the multicultural utopia you wanted, isn't it?

Cliffedge likes this.
  4. burajda

burajda Star commenter

The affable UKIP will be reassimilated into to the Conservative Party. But as the issue according to grassroots out is all about migrants and Islam and the far left, I imagine the rise of the Far Right.

5. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Star commenter

Oh I never knew that UKIP were so concerned about promoting the rights of women and homosexuals. :D

Noja, aspensquiver_2 and Middlemarch like this.
  6. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

Is that what the referendum's about then? How come Boris and his chums have been so lax in letting us know?

Oh I don't know. They could all get together and reenact Dad's Army down in Warmington on Sea as a tourist attraction.

Noja and aspensquiver_2 like this.
  7. Grassroots_Out

I never mentioned Islam. You did.

8. Grassroots_Out

And Jews. I am sure they are all for equality, like yourself, I would imagine.

9. Grassroots_Out

I am sure Boris's true agenda will come out soon enough.

Does Warrington really exist? I am sure the EUSSR would take a dim view of anyone promoting a state of war with its other states, even in jest. Could get locked up for that and charged with racism or something. I'm sure they'll find something to dislike about it.

Cliffedge likes this.
  10. ilovesooty

I'm sure this must be a joke. UKIP "all for equality"?

aspensquiver_2 and Middlemarch like this.
  11. ilovesooty

aspensquiver_2 likes this.
  12. Grassroots_Out

In what way do you think they are not? Please provide proof. I am most interested.

13. Grassroots_Out

Isn't that against the terms and conditions?

14. Duke of York

I too have had that misfortune.

15. Grassroots_Out

Were you acting out Dad's Army? Which one were you?

Cliffedge and aspensquiver_2 like this.
  16. Duke of York

I've been warming to UKIP recently.

We live in bleak times under the Tories without an effective opposition. Strict control over what Tory politicians are allowed to say beyond the soundbites of their scripted party policy statements has limited the opportunities for satire.

Not so UKIP. They are comedy gold. A stand up comedian only has to read out the weekly UKIP output with a perplexed expression on his face to have his audience clutching their sides in laughter. It's so funny, it hurts.

The funniest bit of all and worthy of a Brian Rix farce, is that they've unexpectedly been able to set up a scenario where we can expect Boris and Gove to be rushing about like headless chickens, chasing their missing trousers and pretending to be Charlie's Aunt when the need arises.

Noja and delnon like this.
  17. Duke of York

You couldn't make it up, could you?

A poster who claims to be passionate about Britain, yet appears to know nothing of its geography or its culture.

18. Grassroots_Out

The spellchecker didn't recognise Warmington (and without my intervention would have respelled it again) so it doesn't exist, but I fail to see where you getting lack of cultural knowledge from. Would you care to explain?

Cliffedge likes this.
  19. lizziescat

lizziescat Star commenter

Actually Warmington does exist.

Www.warmington.org

And Dad's Army takes place in Walmington on Sea

20. burajda

burajda Star commenter

Sorry I was mistaken you didn't mention Islam. But I'm curious because you did mention Jews being unsafe from the less savoury of our new etnic populations. If its not islam, because you didnt mention islam, then which ethic populations do the Jews, homosexuals and women have to fear exactly? Actually many people of Islamic origin hold deeply unpleasant anti semitic opinions and I would tend to agree with you. But you didn't mention Islam, so I guess you disagree with that.