1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

UK v USA

Discussion in 'Personal' started by gergil4, Jan 28, 2020.

1. gergil4

gergil4 New commenter

Is it just me......?
    America complaining that Prince Andrew 'won't cooperate' yet not extraditing a lady who killed Harry Dunn.
    One rule for us eh?

xmal and Aquamarina1234 like this.
  2. gainly

gainly Star commenter

Perhaps we could do a swap, it would seem to be a win for both sides.

JL48, Laphroig, Duke of York and 3 others like this.
  3. BigFrankEM

BigFrankEM Established commenter

It will be instructive to see the final outcome of both cases.

I confidently predict the score will be USA 2 : UK 0

(Patently an unfair and terrible result for the family of the lad who was killed.)

Aquamarina1234 and Jamvic like this.
  4. Jamvic

Jamvic Star commenter

I’m sure Andrew will do the right thing and help with the ongoing enquiries eventually. He’s much too honourable a man. He will want to lead by example & assist in any way he can.

Thought nobody.

5. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

I was already typing a slightly pissy response before I scrolled down and saw yr last sentence.

Bedlam3 and Jamvic like this.
  6. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

Dontchaluv the swearfilter? Any reference involving the UK @r$e is banished, but US ass? Fine. P is$ off? Dear me. Pissy? Sure.

7. gainly

gainly Star commenter

Randy Andy's reply; "Of course I'll do the honourable thing; no sweat."

JL48 and nomad like this.
  8. BigFrankEM

Can a member of the Royal (sic) Family be extradited?

(Is he still such?)

9. install

install Star commenter

Perhaps the right question needs to be asked: Had it not been Prince Andy, would the UK have supported the USA more here ?

10. Jamvic

Jamvic Star commenter

Seems he is genuinely willing to help the FBI with any investigation...

"The Duke is more than happy to talk to the FBI but he hasn't been approached by them yet. "He is angry about the way this is being portrayed and bewildered as to why this was said in New York. It seems certain people are jumping the gun.”

...and he’s preparing for the interview process a bit better this time around.

The source insisted that the Duke remained willing to assist the investigation and as such, had been holding weekly meetings with his lawyers at Royal Lodge, his Windsor home, and at Buckingham Palace in preparation.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.te...ved-no-request-speak-fbi-jeffrey-epstein/amp/

11. chelsea2

chelsea2 Star commenter

No one can be extradited unless they have committed a crime for which they are being investigated by the other country.

12. Jamvic

Jamvic Star commenter

13. CraigCarterSmith

CraigCarterSmith Established commenter

HEY! thats unfair he's so brave he can't even sweat! maybe they could tempt him with a pizza Express voucher and a massage from an underage teen?

14. BigFrankEM

Thanks for answering the question.

chelsea2 likes this.
  15. BigFrankEM

Though, on second thoughts......

16. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

That would make it a truly memorable event.

Bedlam3 likes this.
  17. Jamvic

Jamvic Star commenter

Lawyers for some of the alleged victims of Epstein yesterday called on the duke to arrange an interview with the FBI immediately.

Gloria Allred, who represents five women, said: 'What else does Prince Andrew need? Does he need a gold-plated invitation delivered on a silver platter?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.da...FBI-prosecutors-insist-tried-contact-him.html

Imagine the indignation.

“Gold plated!... Do you know who I am!” :D

18. Jamvic

Jamvic Star commenter

19. gainly

gainly Star commenter

Jamvic likes this.
  20. burajda

burajda Star commenter

A subpoena could be issued but that presents difficulties outside the US. But Prince Andrew isnt formerly accused of a crime unlike the Dunn case. US investigators appear more interested in his testimony as a witness. He may not even realise that what he knows as a witness may be useful until he is asked the questions.

Jamvic and border_walker like this.