1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice

UK Teacher Looking to get NY Teaching Certificate

Discussion in 'US – Staffroom' started by MeganHolmes5, Feb 25, 2019.

  1. Hi there,
    I have recently moved to NYC along with my husband on an 'L' VISA. I am currently awaiting my EAD to come through, after that I will have the right to work in the US.
    I have a social security number and have signed up Teach NY.
    I am looking to transfer my English credentials over to a NY state teaching certificate. When I go to apply on the Government website there are many different 'pathways' that you can choose - none of which seem to apply to me.
    I have a PGCE in the 'Lifelong Learning Sector' and I hold full QTS (qualified teacher status) and am fully qualified to teach Maths in the UK. I also have a BA in Architecture.
    I am looking for some help as to which pathway I need to choose, and how I can go about getting my foreign credentials changed over to a NY teaching certificate.

    Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance, Megan :)

Share This Page