1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

UK primary teacher to teach in USA

Discussion in 'Overseas trained teachers' started by Nicola_Thomo, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Nicola_Thomo

Nicola_Thomo New commenter

Hi.
    Just want some advice. I really want to teach in the US but unsure how to go about it. I’ve jus signed up to participate and entered all my details but wondering how reliable this is? Also is there anyone who is from the UK and currently teaching in the US who can offer support and advice of how they got over there??

Thanks x

2. kj226

kj226 New commenter

Hi,

I went through Participate 4 years ago and spent 3 years in North Carolina. It was a pretty long process but they were very supportive and actually do a lot of leg work for you. Aside from Participate you can apply to British schools but they are very tricky to get into and you likely need to know someone already working in one.

I see you posted this 28th Dec so hopefully you’ve heard from Participate by now but if not, email them to follow up. I did and I had a phone interview a week later :).

Hopefully this helps! Good luck!