1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

UK Masters and home fees?

Discussion in 'Professional development' started by turquoise, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Does have anyone have experience with what kind of fees would you pay in the UK to study an MA when you have worked outside the UK for 5 consecutive years , does it still count as temporary if I am a UK resident?

I am trying to see what kind of fees would apply - thanks for any help!

2. Does have anyone have experience with what kind of fees would you pay in the UK to study an MA when you have worked outside the UK for 5 consecutive years , does it still count as temporary if I am a UK resident?

I am trying to see what kind of fees would apply - thanks for any help!

3. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

Where did you live? If it was within the EU, there's no difference.

4. I've been looking into this recently. It appears that the individual university makes a judgement on this based on the guidelines. If you can prove that your time overseas was temporary (i.e. fixed term contract / student visa for studying abroad) and you maintained all ties with the UK - bank accounts etc. then you have a chance of being considered for domestic status. The only problem is that the unis I have spoken to will not give a decision on this until you submit your application for the course and provide the relevant documents.