1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

UEA PGCE Primary textbooks wanted!

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by amay92661, May 3, 2012.

1. Hi there :) I start my PGCE Primary with French at UEA in September and I was just wondering if there are any current students out there about to finish the course and who want to sell their books on....! Please let me know :)

2. Hi there :) I start my PGCE Primary with French at UEA in September and I was just wondering if there are any current students out there about to finish the course and who want to sell their books on....! Please let me know :)

3. Hi! I'm just finishing the primary PGCE at UEA. I'm not selling my books but just wanted to say that out of all the books I've bought throughout the course there is only 1 I would recommend. It's the Haylock one - Mathmatics for Primary Teachers - I think. It is constantly refered to and you will be set chapters to complete as 'homework'. All of the others can be found in the library and you will only need them for the 4 assignments you have to do. I bought some science and english booked and have hardly used them. Obviously you can buy the Haylock book new but I know lots of people who bought it off the second hand section on Amazon for as little as £3 (I'd recommend the workbook too). Hope that helps in some sort of way!! :)

4. Thank you that is helpful :) I've heard that about the Haylock book so its good to hear it again! Would you say it was important to buy a new one or will an old copy do? I currently study law and if you don't have the latest textbook it could be out of date...I'm hoping that's not so much the case with education? Thanks for replying and hope your PGCE is going well :)

5. No problem!! No I don't think it's necessary to get the latest edition as the content is the same just the chapters are numbered differently. Good luck in september and if you have anymore questions about it just shout! :)