1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

UEA PGCE interviews!

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by cydrive, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Hi all, I have my PGCE interview at UEA later this month for Primary. I'm a little scared as I'm sure you all are! Any words of advice would be greatly appreciated regarding the presentation/interview and written tasks. Cheers, Simon

2. Hi all, I have my PGCE interview at UEA later this month for Primary. I'm a little scared as I'm sure you all are! Any words of advice would be greatly appreciated regarding the presentation/interview and written tasks. Cheers, Simon

3. camis

camis New commenter

I had an interview at UEA in December. The book presentation was in a group of 4 candidates - we didn't have to stand up to give the presentation, just sat round a table. The tutor and headteacher that you have for the interview are the same people who sit in on the presentation and discussion. The interview was mostly about what you would do in specific situations - expect something about diversity / EAL! I wasn't asked anything about current education issues, but I'm not sure if everyone was asked the same questions. The written task is fitted in around your presentation and interview. Good luck!

4. That's great. Thanks for the info.

5. Hi, I had my interview the same day as Camis too :)

I didn't experience this question myself, but one group got asked what book they are currently reading and what they would do if they had gypsy children in their classrooms! Not difficult questions but they both have the potential to throw you off, so thought I'd give you a heads up! Good luck, hope to see you on the course in September!

6. Thanks amay92661, that's useful to know that they can throw you off! What questions did you get? I'm getting quite nervous about it all now. My presentation is pretty much sorted, it's the dreaded interview I'm not looking forward too! I do hope to see you in September, fingers crossed.