1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

UAL Level 3 Media Production

Discussion in 'Further Education' started by martycorner, Jul 8, 2019.

1. martycorner

martycorner New commenter

Hi there,

I've been delivering the BTEC Creative Media Production course for the last academic year, but I've just been asked to design a course within the UAL specification. Looking at the units there is a lot of freedom, but I was wondering if anyone has a SOW or assignment briefs that I might be able to have a look at?

Also any advice and guidance that people have experienced is always welcome.

Cheers guys

2. medialyf

medialyf New commenter

I've been delivering the UAL L3 spec for a year now and it's been great to really experiment. A lot of my industry experience has been in studio shows and this qual really allows me to take that and run with it and build quite a bit of the curriculum around it. Ultimately the only pieces of advise I'd give with UAL is 1) don't be afraid to experiment with it (the formative units are pass/fail so it's as much for you to be creative and try new things as much as it is for the students to do the same!) and 2) listen to your students. The spec fully allows you to mould the units to the learners preferences. I did crowdfunding and social media influencers with mine last year and now we're doing music videos and documentaries! Build it so it not only works for you, but for the interests of the students, both academically and vocationally.

Coming from teaching he BTEC as a trainee teacher was daunting but I've had so much fun with it.

If you want hit me up with a private message and we can exchange emails and chat more if you want!

3. martycorner

martycorner New commenter

Thanks for getting back to me, I've sent you a private message.

4. mediacsc

mediacsc New commenter

I have created a number of recourses to assist with delivery, lesson planning, tracking, grading and feedback. Click here to see them all.