1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

UAL Creative Media Production - Experience needed

Discussion in 'Further Education' started by smallville1983, Jan 16, 2018.

1. smallville1983

smallville1983 New commenter

Hi there,

My college this year has taken up the UAL qualification in Creative Media Production in place of BTEC, I'm finding myself a little unnerved though as we're 3 months in, i've made a scheme of work, lesson plans and assignment briefs, the works. But our representative who will be handling our EV isn't very forthcoming with feedback on the best way to structure the course or assignments, they're very big on "well i don't think you should do that" and when you ask "how should i do it" their only response is a variation of "it's completely up to you, you're free to do it whatever way you want", it's really frustrating because i want to get this right, i've asked to see examples of the way succesful courses are run and they weren't keen on that, the flat out assumption being that it will make all the courses the same because we'll just copy each other which is just nonsense.
    So i'm reaching out to see if anyone has any experience running a UAL in Creative Media or at this point running a UAL qualification in any subject, i really want to see an example of how the course has been structured so that i can see how far off the mark i am

Help me TES, you're my only hope