1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

UAE teaching questions Abu Dhabi

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by Openscope, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Openscope

Openscope New commenter

Hello all,

I am in the process of completing paperwork to teach in Abu Dhabi and would like some advice on how to proceed in a few areas.

Police Clearance-

-I went to the local police department in the state I have recently move to (Georgia) and was told that I "should" get a clearance from the state my DL is still in (Florida). I called an FBI-approved Channeler and was told I could do a electronic record in my current state(GA). I then phoned the Florida Department of Law Enforcement and was told I could overnight a request to them for a criminal history. I am a little stuck here being that I don't want to submit something that will not meet the requirements of ADEC

Also, if anyone would care to shed some light on the details of their paperwork procedure/process that would be very helpful to me.

My school is requesting the following documents:

1.Valid Passport copy with Min 8 months

2.Educational degree attested by UAE Embassy in your country

3.Copy of university transcripts related to degree

4.(8) Passport Size Colored Photos with white background (kindly bring the hard copies to HR Department* )

5.Police Clearance : Please make sure that date is fresh by first week of May

6.Teaching experience letter with minimum of two-four years

7.Updated CV

8.Self-introductory

Thank you!

2. towncryer

towncryer Senior commenter

A this is mostly a British based website this might be the reason for the lack of replies to your query.As I mentioned on a previous post...if you sign up to ADEC hopefuls on Facebook you will get loads of help from mainly USA teachers who are going through the same process and can probably direct you in the best ways to go about this.
    Good luck.,,,and not just with preparing your documents!