1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

UAE Package? An English school with Arabic Horses

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by msmillreef, Feb 12, 2016.

1. msmillreef

msmillreef New commenter

Greetings!
    After ten years in my current post, I've finally been tempted to apply to another school. However, I need more information (which I hope you good people can help me with).
    The school is situated near the Arabic horses and is an outstanding school which speaks English. It is the secondary campus and HOD position. (I'm a bit rubbish at this so please be nice).

I've tried looking into the threads but cannot find anything about the package after 2003. Anyone help?
    I'm on a cracking package at the moment so I have to consider this before I apply.
    Thanks and Happy Year of the Monkey

2. msmillreef

msmillreef New commenter

I'm an "Unwatched Thread"..... to think it's come to this....sniff,,,

3. stopwatch

stopwatch Lead commenter

This particular school is one of the better ones. Salary and package one of the best. You will have to earn your crust.... and then some!

Not sure what your subject is, but if it is PE, send me a PM as I can give you some recent background information.

4. zdaea

zdaea New commenter

Are people talking in code! Ha. Trying to get insight and info to make a desicion on international teaching but can't understand what people are writing about. There has got to be a secret code

5. msmillreef

msmillreef New commenter

Yes it is code, but the people "in-the-know" will understand it and hopefully help out with information.
    I can't name the school outright because they'll take the post down.

6. T0nyGT

T0nyGT Lead commenter

It's not allowed to talk about specific schools by name and so people have to disguise this in some way.

7. zdaea

zdaea New commenter

I see. I've been searching forums for weeks now trying to get an idea of what it's all like out there but struggling with understanding it all. Some posts sound like it's a terrible thing and some sound like they love teaching abroad.

8. the hippo

the hippo Lead commenter Community helper

Perhaps, ea123, you should contact an ancient and smelly beast that wanders around this forum occasionally.一

9. crinauk

crinauk New commenter

Check the reviews on the International Schools Review website.

10. ejclibrarian

ejclibrarian Established commenter Community helper

Teaching abroad can be good and bad. Just like anything there are risks that you might end up at a school that you don't like. But I think a lot of people would say it's a risk worth taking. What's the point of living without a little adventure eh!

11. T0nyGT

T0nyGT Lead commenter

Well, teaching abroad just means not teaching in the UK, which is such a wide-ranging thing that of course it can be terrible and amazing.