1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

UAE MOE offer for Teacher

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by todd89, May 15, 2017.

1. khan1970

khan1970 New commenter

Hi guys, what are the IELTS requirements for MOE UAE teaching jobs. In case a teacher scores lower than the required bands for a teaching position then how this is settled. Is there anyone who can share his or her experience about this.

2. kamransaqib

kamransaqib New commenter

I have just been interviewed ladt weekend. Anyone who attended interviews at manchester? And could anyone tell us what documents need atteststion as i just wana do it as i will be away for few weeks and want to do it before hand

3. isotonic

isotonic Occasional commenter

Your school HR should tell you what documents need attestation. ..usually your police check like CRB Scotland and your latest degree possibly more

4. stopwatch

stopwatch Occasional commenter

DON'T DO IT!!! - seriously it is a very poor salary and local government schools are notoriously badly run and the children poorly behaved.

agbak likes this.
  5. Your highest degree. I attended the interviews in Manchester as well!

6. Did you work there in a similar position?

7. charb74

charb74 New commenter

Exactly!

8. charb74

charb74 New commenter

Accommodation is essential. Don't accept without it. Rents are way too expensive, you cannot afford it from your salary.

agbak likes this.
  9. stopwatch

stopwatch Occasional commenter

No I didn't, but I know somebody who did and I also worked in a decent school in the UAE so am familiar with the MOE school situation.

10. truth_seeker12

truth_seeker12 Occasional commenter

Not all MOE school are as bad as described. However, it does seem that they want to phase out foreign teachers over the next few years. Salary seems to be dropping too and they dont like to provide accommodation but provide an allowance instead which isnt a good idea as what they give would allow for a basic apartment.

11. february31st

february31st Occasional commenter

I look forward to the day that a school in one of the Gulf States has 100% local students been taught by 100% local staff!

12. the hippo

the hippo Established commenter Community helper

Yes, february31st, and I look forward to the day when Hell freezes over.

charb74 likes this.
  13. february31st

february31st Occasional commenter

When oil hits 25usd/barrel it might get a bit chilly in hell. I notice in the KSA a sudden rush to privatize many state companies. Private companies dont like employing natives as they only do one hours work a month!

14. charb74

charb74 New commenter

That is what they call "Emiratisation" in the UAE. Theoretically, it sounds reasonable; they just want to decrease the level of dependence to foreing qualified workforce as much as possible. However, if a country's 'citizens' to 'residents' ratio is like 1 to 8, it is not that easy. Particularly when most of the citizens are complaining that they still live in a skyscraper with 5 rooms and 5 bathrooms, but not in a villa with 9 rooms and 9 bathrooms with private swimming pool, and waiting for their sheikh to allocate one without doing anything that could count as 'working'.

15. the hippo

the hippo Established commenter Community helper

As regular readers on the pachyderm's online ramblings will know well, we were in Qatar for five years. During that time, I never met one, single, solitary Qatari teacher. I never met anyone who had met a Qatari teacher. I met teachers from just about every other country you could think of, but not even one from Qatar itself. It was the same story in the KSA and in the UAE. Therefore does it seem likely that lots of Emiratis or Saudis or Qataris are going to be working in education sometime in the near future? Probably not. Yes, they might reduce the salaries and the benefits for foreign teachers - that seems to be happening already - but not much else will change.