1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

UAE MoE INTERVIEW MARCH

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by ayoung227, Feb 15, 2018.

1. ayoung227

ayoung227 New commenter

N

2. ayoung227

ayoung227 New commenter

No still waiting on final contract and visa have you heard anything yet or recieved contract or visa?

3. julm18638427

julm18638427 New commenter

Hi, has anybody heard anything? I’m with Teachaway and they didn’t even reply my emails!

4. tzafar

tzafar New commenter

Hi guys

Like most of you I’m also waiting for my final contract before handing my resignation. I’ve been given my mob date as 24th June, which is apparently when I’ll be signing another contract in Emirates so hoping I’ll be out of UK by 20th June... let’s all hang in there

5. ayoung227

ayoung227 New commenter

Contacted my agency my contract is done just waiting approval what ever that means but it is progress.

6. charlottejacks

charlottejacks New commenter

Hi everyone,

I am also waiting on my final contract now! My agency is rather helpful though and do respond to emails quickly. They have mentioned that the processing of the final contract could take a little while though. TTP is meant to be starting 24th June and I've been informed that the proposed date to fly out there is the 23rd - this depends on whether all the paperwork is done by then of course!
    I have already handed in my notice at work, but this is also because I have a dissertation to write (that I am also going to have to finish whilst I'm in the UAE!)
    Ultimately, I'm still very anxious about this job and am mostly concerned about where I'm going to be placed. Also especially after reading so many negative things about the MOE online and in forums including this one I can't help but question if I'm making the right decision to go. But I guess I'll just have to go and judge for myself, and if I don't end up liking it then so be it, I'll leave at the first opportunity.

ridhakarim likes this.
  7. ridhakarim

ridhakarim New commenter

I am honestly in the same boat as you. Im really anxious about the whole thing and I still have not recieved my final contract either. I need the confirmation for piece of mind

8. charlottejacks

It's good to know I'm not the only one! Received an email yesterday from my agency regarding the teacher training - just a form to sign saying I understand my contract can be terminated if I don't pass the training. Did you receive this too? Apart from this, they've just mentioned they're still waiting for the final contracts to be released.

9. ridhakarim

ridhakarim New commenter

I haven't heard from my agency regarding the teacher training. The last they said to me was they are still waiting for the final contracts and its "normal" for things to go quiet during this time because they take a while to release the contracts so God knows lol

10. tzafar

tzafar New commenter

Yes likewise I’ve received the same form and also informed me that the contracts should be through by next week

11. rumshakhalid

rumshakhalid New commenter

Yes I also received the same form. I hope it is through by next week.

12. rumshakhalid

I still haven't received my mobilisation date as of yet.

13. rumshakhalid

Nope I haven't heard anything. I only have the TTP form which I had to sign.

14. gethinejones93

gethinejones93 New commenter

Hi all, I've been offered a job teaching English with the MOE. A little hesitant to accept seeing thet the reviews seem absolutely terrible. Anyone feeling the same?

15. junaid10

junaid10 New commenter

Had my interview in March and still waiting on the final contract

16. tzafar

tzafar New commenter

I've decided to hand in my notice period (2 weeks) so that i do not return to work in June. How do you folks feel about handing in resignation before getting your final contract...It's a risk i guess...

17. ayoung227

ayoung227 New commenter

There is always supply don't fret we will all see the sunshine in good time.

18. binaryhex

binaryhex Lead commenter

If you are working for the MOE, forget any notions of sunshine, sunshine. They are the pits to work for. Broken promises here you come.

19. Mr_Frosty

Mr_Frosty Established commenter

Ran into one of my MOE friends in the supermarket yesterday and he was all about Sunshine Sunshine - I was toiling away in my suit straight from work and he'd been home and already changed into shorts etc.

charlottejacks likes this.
  20. charlottejacks

I feel the same! But I’ve decided that I’m willing to go and see how it is for myself and then just leave if I don’t like it.