1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

UAE MoE INTERVIEW MARCH

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by ayoung227, Feb 15, 2018.

1. ridhakarim

ridhakarim New commenter

No I havent yet, did you recieve your official contract in the post before your mobilisation date? And also is everyone getting their DBS and degrees attested?

2. Mr_Frosty

Mr_Frosty Established commenter

I'm not sure you can compare teaching possibly unruly children with any of them tho

3. umaralikhan

umaralikhan New commenter

thats a quick turnover, i too have been offered a maths job for MOE but am still waiting for my new DBS to come through, when did you send all documents through??

4. ayoung227

ayoung227 New commenter

5. ayoung227

ayoung227 New commenter

I have sent original doc's waiting on attested doc's and no contract yet I think my agency may be jumping the gun but frantically preparing just in case. My son who teaches out there says you sign contact out there.

6. Catmevans

Catmevans New commenter

Hi! I am in the same boat - are you hoping to interview in Manchester or London? I have a contact who has been through the process - she said that it's pretty much GCSE level and included things like components of fitness/calculating cardiac output etc etc.

xaraix and karisis21 like this.
  7. Nanoos21

Nanoos21 New commenter

HELLO!! DID YOU GET THE JOB? I HAD AN INTERVIEW EARLIER AND I AM NOT SURE HOW IT WENT. IF YOU DID GET IT, AFTER HOW MANY DAYS FROM YOUR INTERVIEW DID THEY REPLY?

8. Nanoos21

Nanoos21 New commenter

HELP !! I had a job interview with the MOE UAE last week. I do not know if I did well or not. I hesitated a lot in the interview, but I managed to answer the questions and demonstrated a lesson for 3 minutes. However, they always interrupted me when answering the questions and said thank you.
    should I worry? or anyone went through this as I did?

9. rumshakhalid

rumshakhalid New commenter

They said mine was 25th June which I also found strange. I can't go then because I'm still doing my PGCE till 30th July. I emailed my agency and they said "we've made a note on your mobilisation date".

10. rumshakhalid

Hi, I haven't received the official contract as of yet. I have no idea on which part of the Emirates I will be teaching. Do you know your mobilisation date?

11. rumshakhalid

Thank you!!!!!! I'm so pleased for you as well. See you thereeeeeee

12. rumshakhalid

My agency is Astute who are based in UK. They usually take around 10 days to reply. Good luck!

13. rumshakhalid

Not yet. I think they will probably tell us after all the official documents are submitted and processed... Do you know?

14. rumshakhalid

Are you going to accept the April mobilisation date?

15. jamzy578

jamzy578 New commenter

I've got an interview on the 20th April for a PE Graduate role with Astute Education in London. Would anyone be able to give their experience and any advice on what to expect on the day (i.e Written test).

xaraix likes this.
  16. ayoung227

ayoung227 New commenter

I don't think so not even got my paper work back yet or handed my notice in. AUGUST July works better for me as I have a house to dismantle and pack up

17. rumshakhalid

I emailed my agency and apparently I won't know which Emirate I will be based in until after being in the UAE

18. rumshakhalid

Is this common for MOE jobs? I found it a bit suspicious...

19. rumshakhalid

Still no clue about mobilisation date, they are currently sorting out April mobilisation dates atm

20. Mr_Frosty

Mr_Frosty Established commenter

Obviously the guys I know are all based in Abu Dhabi and and they live near me but I believe they were told they could be sent to any part of the Abu Dhabi Emirate (Al Ain, The Western Region, Abu Dhabi city) but that they wouldn't know until they arrived.

My former colleague who moved to the MoE when his wife's job changed went for a 'Northern Emirates' position but wasn't told the school until he arrived - I think he could have been in Dubai, Sharjah, RAK, Ajman, etc)

I don't think it's anything dodgy - my guess is that they probably don't know the student numbers for each school yet and they may have a number of teachers who don't turn up back after the summer vacation so they allocate at the last minute.