1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

UAE MoE INTERVIEW MARCH

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by ayoung227, Feb 15, 2018.

1. sparklesparkle

sparklesparkle Established commenter

I was responding to what YOU wrote, i.e. "all I could see was they look for licensed teachers with minimum of 2 years experience".

It appears you didn't read the ad properly yourself.

I doubt very much that any Oxford graduate would write such a juvenile ad hominem response.

2. sparklesparkle

After writing the above, YOU are questioning MY English???

3. rose_a_k14

rose_a_k14 New commenter

Hi , I have see you passed in interview, would you please , let me know how you prepared for the interview??
    Regards

4. rose_a_k14

rose_a_k14 New commenter

Hi
    Is there any specific text book , we can read through before the interview?
    Thanks

5. sparklesparkle

Both of the people you are trying to contact posted back in March. Don't you think it's highly unlikely they will still be checking this thread, particularly if they have now gone to the UAE? If you want to contact them, send a private message or use @ + their name in your post.

Also, the first poster you quoted applied for English, which isn't your subject. It took me 30 seconds to find this out. There are many, many threads and many, many posts on this subject. If you are serious about getting this job (no idea why you would be, but hey ho) surely it's worth investing some time to read what others have written?

And if you need to ask for a text book recommendation, how will you go about teaching the subject in a school? You'd be wise to think very hard about this question before you apply.

6. ayoung227

ayoung227 New commenter

7. ayoung227

ayoung227 New commenter

Hi all that have been following this thread. I understand your frustrations I interviewed in March and now in the sunshine loving life here in the UAE. Yes it was the most nerve racking thumb twiddling finger tapping time of my life getting to the point of flying out. On the subject of interviews we can't give a deffinative answer as the experience and system changes so often. Even those I moved out with all had different experiences. My best advice to you is do your homework on living and working in the UAE there are plenty of FB groups you can use. Go with a lesson plan in mind and be prepared to discuss it and write about it. Focus on EAL and positive behaviour management. If you are going down the MOE route it is a true lottery where you will be place so don't apply unless you are open minded and open to an adventure. Do I have regrets....No way! Good luck to you all and I genuinely mean that.

8. F1-Dan

F1-Dan New commenter

Hi,
    Can I please ask you why going down the MoE route doesn’t sound that great in general?
    Can you please explain a bit more about it? The reason why I am interested is because I have applied for physics teaching positions advertised for by different agencies on behalf of the MoE but have no any teaching experience. (Obviously the minimum requirement is to hold degree in science). Thanks in advance.

9. ayoung227

ayoung227 New commenter

10. ayoung227

ayoung227 New commenter

There are many opinions about working for the MOE dependant where you are placed nationally and which school. Yes staff here have a difficult time with very challenging behaviour these are people who didn't do there home work and in many cases arrived wearing rose tinted glasses. My best advice as I have said do your homework and if you come pack a full case if patients you will need it as everything is Inshallah. Come with an open mind and ready to embrace a wonderful life but very different from the one you should leave in departures.

uzmha and F1-Dan like this.
  11. sparklesparkle

I knew standards were low but this takes the cake.

And who is 'we', ayoung? Are you writing on behalf of the recruiter?

12. uzmha

uzmha New commenter

Hey I have an interview on Sunday for a pastoral managers role but slightly worried as it is a new role that the MOE are looking to expand. In the school you work do they have anything in place in terms of safeguarding or pastoral?

Also was it easy finding accommodation within 8days?

mafsuud05 likes this.
  13. mafsuud05

mafsuud05 New commenter

I went for this role last Saturday in Manchester, I am currently a head of year in a secondary school. The test was about managing form tutors and how to support change and implementing behaviour and attendance policies. I waiting to hear back. I haven't seen many people apply for pastoral roles so do you want exchange emails ? Not sure how to do that on here loll but would like to stay in touch. I previously applied for the student support advisor role and got it (back in August) but they put them on hold and restructured their pastoral team hence the pastoral manager roles now.

14. norwichred

norwichred Occasional commenter

This thread is frightening.......

sparklesparkle likes this.
  15. sparklesparkle

The spelling and grammar alone are terrifying.

16. uzmha

uzmha New commenter

Hey! I didn't manage to attend my interview this weekend due to unforseen circumstances. However they will invite me for an interview in Feb when they return to the UK. Yes it would be nice to keep in communication as I am really interested in securing a job. Are you on LinkedIn if so message me there and we can swap emails as it would nice to liaise with you

mafsuud05 likes this.
  17. ayoung227

ayoung227 New commenter

18. ayoung227

ayoung227 New commenter

See you don't have a life yet Sparkle sparkle, what a shame.:(

F1-Dan likes this.
  19. sparklesparkle

You are supposed to be a 'teacher', ayoung.

And yet you write 'deffinative' instead of definitive and 'there home work' instead of their homework.

Instead of trading invective (big word there, ayoung - you might need to look it up) on the internet, wouldn't your time be better spent learning KS2-level written English?

And could it be, ayoung, that you're deflecting the question of whether you are being employed to post here?

20. jovieannabao

jovieannabao New commenter

Hello..I have an account also in MOE website. Did you upload also your ielts certificate on the website?