1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

UAE MoE INTERVIEW MARCH

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by ayoung227, Feb 15, 2018.

1. mrskhadam

mrskhadam New commenter

I have not heard anything back as of yet. I applied for English grad role. However I was told end of this week the results should be out. (Hopefully). I am not too sure How the interview went as my questions were very bizarre and random. Nothing of what I expected at all. I believe Uae does not operate on Fridays so maybe we will get results for Thursday? Maybe..?

2. ayoung227

ayoung227 New commenter

That is correct Friday and Saturday us the weekend good luck figures crossed hopefully see you in the UAE

mrskhadam likes this.
  3. ayoung227

ayoung227 New commenter

For those who like me have been waiting to hear about the outcome of the March round of interviews I received news back this morning keep your eyes on your inboxes and good luck.

mrskhadam and Mr_Frosty like this.
  4. mrskhadam

mrskhadam New commenter

Which agency are you with? And does it upload on moe portal?

Thanks

5. mrskhadam

mrskhadam New commenter

Anyone else received their results yet?

6. ayoung227

ayoung227 New commenter

Hi I am with Experts recruitment and it was the agency who contacted me and sent offer letter.

7. rumshakhalid

rumshakhalid New commenter

Hi I GOT THE JOB!!!! My agency contacted me on 14th March so last Wednesday saying that I was successful. It took exactly 11 days for them to reply since my interview.

ayoung227 likes this.
  8. rumshakhalid

rumshakhalid New commenter

Do you know which Emirate you will be based in?

9. the hippo

the hippo Lead commenter Community helper

if the local schools in the UAE are so good, then could someone please explain to me why there are so many private schools in the Emirates?

10. Penny10p

Penny10p Occasional commenter

Hippo, I think it's well known that the local schools in the UAE range from OK to terrible. Is someone saying that they are good? Having said that, I know several ADEC teachers who are perfectly happy in their schools.

Mr_Frosty likes this.
  11. Mr_Frosty

Mr_Frosty Established commenter

I'd agree with that. It might not be the best overseas job but in terms of salary, workload and lifestyle options it probably compares well with many UK academies/schools.

12. the hippo

the hippo Lead commenter Community helper

Well, we all have to start somewhere, I suppose.

Kanchan31 likes this.
  13. Mr_Frosty

Mr_Frosty Established commenter

Exactly and 2 of the MoE guys I know have bought houses back in Ireland with no morgage with their savings in the last 3 years. Not many places let you save 50,000+euros so quickly.

14. ayoung227

ayoung227 New commenter

See you there soooooo pleased for you

15. myriamariab

myriamariab New commenter

Happy for those who got the job, Congrats. Can you please tell me who is your agency? and is it based in the UK or outside the UK? My agency is based in the UK but I still haven’t heard anything from them. Thanks :)

16. Happy for those who got the job

17. tzafar

tzafar New commenter

Hi great people

Like most of you I was also in Manchester for the interview on 4th March. I received an email confirmation that I was successful!!
    I applied for the Graduate English position so looking forward to work alongside people from here.
    Has anyone had their official contract sent to them? And any ideas which part of the Emirates you will be teaching in?

Regards

18. jamlyons

jamlyons New commenter

Hi Everyone,

I have my interview in the coming weeks for a graduate PE teacher job, i was just wondering what the standard of the questions in the written exam are? Are they to my undergraduate sports knowledge or are they more so like A level/GCSE? Was also wondering how the interview was and some of the questions asked?

19. ayoung227

ayoung227 New commenter

Hi all,
    Anybody got notification of their mobilisation date yet? I received an email today with 7 or 29th April! from my agency which I thought strange as it was supposed to be August start.

20. T0nyGT

T0nyGT Lead commenter

I don't know. If you're willing to do absolutely anything for money and time is of not worth to you then I can think of plenty of ways