1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

UAE MoE INTERVIEW MARCH

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by ayoung227, Feb 15, 2018.

1. ayoung227

ayoung227 New commenter

Hi, is anyone on here going to attend the interview session in Manchester 4 or 5 March for primary piats

2. doostdashtaney

doostdashtaney New commenter

Hi I am going on 5th of March for maths position.

ayoung2270 likes this.
  3. ayoung2270

ayoung2270 New commenter

Good luck! I am on the 4th for the English Primary, have you heard about what is expected? As far as I understand it is a test pedagogy and English [maybe maths for you] A 10 min mini lesson then a 30min interview. Which agency are you with? I will contact you as soon as I am out and let you know what it was like.

4. EAPoe

EAPoe New commenter

Hi my interview is on Sunday for English secondary but haven't decided whether to go for it yet. My husband had the interview a few weeks ago and felt it was very straightforward. The interview itself (I was waiting outside) was about 10 minutes long and that included him going over his lesson plan.

His questions were very straightforward: how would you manage poor behaviour, support EAL learners etc so I wouldn't worry about that part.

rumshakhalid and ayoung227 like this.
  5. ayoung227

ayoung227 New commenter

Has he heard anything yet? What was included in the exam? Hope to see you Sunday... Good luck if you go.

6. EAPoe

EAPoe New commenter

He waited 10 days before receiving the email that he had got the job. It was split in to three sections, first ones being teacher-based, questions you would expect in an interview such as 'how would you differentiate', 'support ESL learners'. I think because the interview is so short they ask you questions on the written test. Another part will be questions apart your subject, my husband's were P.E related, mine are apparently grammar based. The third section you will be asked to write a lesson plan, sometimes they say it's open so it's good to have a lesson in your head, sometimes it will ask you what to base it on. One thing a lot of the interviewees confused last time was on the sheet it had letters down the side or something, VAK, and they hadn't known what it meant, my guess is that it means visual, auditory, kinetic. So something to watch out for.

I have decided to apply for a British school so won't be there but best of luck!!

rumshakhalid likes this.
  7. ayoung227

ayoung227 New commenter

Thanks so much for your helpful response. Good luck with your applications.

8. rumshakhalid

rumshakhalid New commenter

Hi, is anyone attending the interview session in London on 3rd March? I have applied for the English graduate teacher role. Thanks, EAPoe for telling us what we can expect in the interview. Would you recommend researching the ADEC before so we can talk about education reforms?

9. rumshakhalid

Should we make a lesson plan beforehand?

10. EAPoe

EAPoe New commenter

My husband didn't get asked anything, or anyone else on the day. He tried to research but said you could actually find very little. It's worth researching but I wouldn't exhaust yourself.

11. EAPoe

EAPoe New commenter

Yes they recommend that you do. In your interview you will be asked to talk through it. Make sure it is extremely ESL focused and they advised me to keep the lesson very basic, on something such as modal verbs or conditionals. Good luck!

12. ayoung227

ayoung227 New commenter

I attended interview in Manchester today. Good luck with your result. How did you find it.

13. I also attended the interview in Manchester today. Arrived at 0830, finished the 3-part test at 0948 and left at approximately 1400. The test was pretty easy and found out that even though lots of people had prepared lessons, nobody was asked to teach. The interview was basically just a chat about my lesson plan. I've been teaching for about 5 years, I have a 2 year old CELTA (B) and I'm currently doing a masters in TESOL & applied linguistics. I think it was really straightforward and I've been looking at doing this job for years but after reading about the situation in UAE on here I'm debating whether this really is the right path to go down. I really do need the salary though to be honest

14. rumshakhalid

Thank you! I did my lesson on a reading text which would engage in ideas for speaking and listening.

15. rumshakhalid

Thank you! I hope it goes well. It went well, the interview was fairly quick so not sure whether that means I was good or that they hated me. How was your interview? Good luck with your result. Let us know what they say :)

16. rumshakhalid

Oh okay, I just skimmed through some information but there wasn’t much. Just waiting for a response now, not sure whether I should email my agency?

17. ayoung227

ayoung227 New commenter

I will be in touch as soon as I hear. I too was considering contacting my agency on Sunday. Not sure about the interview difficult to judge, who interviewed you?

18. ayoung227

ayoung227 New commenter

Has anybody heard anything yet?

19. ridhakarim

ridhakarim New commenter

No, I dont think anyone has heard back yet. I'm still waiting for a response. Which agency are you with?

20. ayoung227

ayoung227 New commenter

I am with expertsrecruitment in AD who are you with?