1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

UAE Help-Qualifications

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by markthomas290204, Jun 12, 2018.

1. markthomas290204

markthomas290204 New commenter

Hi all,

This is my first ever post on TES! Please be gentle!

I'll try to cut straight to the chase: I'm seriously considering moving to the UAE (AD or Dubai), but I'm a little concerned whether or not my qualifications are suitable/strong enough to be considered. I have ten years' teaching experience within FE (GCSE English to post 16). As a result of delivering to 16+ learners, I have a L5 Literacy qualification but I want to top up the qualification and complete a 'BA Hons' in English. I will need to do this with the OU because I work full time. I have a QTLS and a PGCE (POST 16+).

I suppose my main question is: Would I be penalised if I have a L5/ 'BA HONS' (top up) and a PGCE 16+ and wanted to teach in a secondary school in the UAE (AD or Dubai)?

My other question is: From a UAE recruiter's point of view, do you think that they believe experience and skills will top trump qualifications?
    Thanks for reading!