1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Tyres Tyres Tyres

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by Msz, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Msz

Msz Established commenter

2. This sounds amazing. However we only have quite a small outdoor area and for normally around 18 of the children to be outside at one time (continous provision) they mainly all prefer to be outdoors i think o would find it hard for the children to not climb in and out of it while it grows? unless you have any other ideas ?

3. Then just let them climb in and out a wonderful activitiy! Wish I were five again!

4. I know me three :) We are filling one of them with soil so the can dig etc was just unsure about the other one.. Maybe we should just leave it empty and see what we can create together :)

5. I would def. leave one empy.....they are great sitting/speaking and litending areas for lots of children. They are lovely and comfy and fit 4-7.
    Sometimes leave it free for the chidlren to do anything with it, sometimes place a tub or basket of found objects in it.......a selection of soft, spongy and feathery things......a selection of rough, spiked and prickled things etc......great stimuli for talk/thinking.