1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Typical flamin' child.....

Discussion in 'Personal' started by anon4561, Apr 29, 2012.

1. We've all heard stories about children who have been given extremely expensive presents for Christmas/birthdays... only to find that half an hour later they're playing with the cardboard box it came in?

I bought my kitten a three tier scratching/climbing post today, took me half an hour to assemble it, and guess what? I now have one cardboard box, containing one purring very happy kitten!

2. We have an expensive scratching post like yours, but our cat prefers sharpening his claws on the laundry basket (or what's left of it)

3. Oh, she's just scratched the scratching post bit.... result! [​IMG]

4. On thursday we bought a new gazebo....today the gazebo has blown away in a gale.....we still have the box...which is a plus.

5. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Annie, you do realise that you have given Nessie another place from which she can pounce on Scabby? Give it time.The cardboard box will soon be forgotten when she realises the tactical advantage of height.
    *poor dug . . . does he know what's coming?*

6. chocolateworshipper

chocolateworshipper Occasional commenter

Yep - my daughter was opening an obscene amount of presents on her birthday, and each time one was opened, she was disappointed that it wasn't the one thing she REALLY wanted. By coincidence, it was the last present she chose to open that was the much-desired item: a fake thumb that had cost me £3. She was over the moon with it.

7. Oh, you understand that cat too well.... that's EXACTLY what's happening now! [​IMG]

And thanks everyone else!

8. guinnesspuss

guinnesspuss Star commenter