1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Two years experience - clarification

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by gulfgolf, Sep 4, 2012.

1. gulfgolf

gulfgolf Established commenter

I recommend staying in the UK until you feel comfortable enough with teaching that you can do it well with little or no support. While some overseas schools offer good support from admin, SEN teams, pastoral teams, colleague networks, etc, many do not have such systems or even habits in place. Be ready to go it alone and you may be pleasantly surprised when you don't have to.
    If you still need to send your naughty kids out of the classroom, seek urgent guidance from colleagues and etc, stay a bit longer in the UK.

2. Training_2_Teach

Training_2_Teach New commenter

I agree with GG, I have come out to the UAE first time with 6 years of teaching experience and I don't think I would have been able to cope without it. The kids are fantastic but it doesn't all end there, you need to be prepared to face other political challenges within the school - which you can deal better with if you have worked longer in the UK.