1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Two week project for Year 6?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Harley77, Jul 7, 2010.

1. I've been given our Year 6 class for the last two weeks of term due to staff absence (actually to be confirmed tomorrow) and I'm trying to think of things to do with them that'll keep them on track behaviour wise :)

I seem to remember there was a project on here about Theme Parks or something similar during SATs time, but I can't find it anywhere. Does anyone have any ideas of a two week project I could do with these children or indeed have the project I'm thinking about?

Many thanks.

2. tiffster

tiffster New commenter

I have the Theme Park Maths, and another project which I did with my lot this year called Castaway (maths on a desert island) which went down well. If you send me your email address I'll pass them on to you.

3. Hi

That's brilliant, thank you so much!

I've emailed you with my address.

Thank you again.

4. tiffster

tiffster New commenter

You both have mail! (any feedback on the Castaway one would be very welcome. The Theme Park one isn't mine - pinched from somewhere else!)

5. I have done Lunar theme park maths which my yr6 loved.. taken from the maths area of primary resources.
    I would love the castaway one too if you wouldn't mind sharing.... thanks xxx

6. tiffster

tiffster New commenter

Sent. :)

7. Is there any chance of you sending it me too :eek:)
    clairehuntington@hotmail.com

Thanks in advance!

8. Any chance of castaway as well please?

caroline@jfin.org.uk

Thanks

9. ooh, that sounds great! would you be able to send me a copy too?

cookie.desade@virgin.net

10. michael1977

michael1977 New commenter

Hello,

Could I please have a copy of Castaway. I also have done theme park in the past and Whatever Island.
    Thank you
    Mike

michaelwoolf@live.co.uk

11. angrypuppy

angrypuppy New commenter

this sounds great for my class next week - could i have a copy too??

welsh.dragon@hotmail.co.uk

12. tiffster

tiffster New commenter

Sent I hope! Apologies for slight delay. Parents evening!

13. kirstenly

kirstenly New commenter

14. gcsouth

gcsouth New commenter

Would be incredibly grateful for a copy of the dessert island maths! Thank you! g.m.cutter@ntlworld.com

15. Hello - this sounds good. Please can I jump on the bandwaggon?
    With thanks in advance,
    trudyvham@aol.com

16. And me please! Many thanks

hayel007@medway.org.uk

17. I have planning and resources on here for a cross curricular Superheroes project. Just serach for superheroes.

18. tiffster

tiffster New commenter

You all have mail. Many thanks flookbird: we do superheroes early on in the year so this is very useful. :)