1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Two step word problems

Discussion in 'Primary' started by kikidee, Jun 19, 2008.

1. Has anyone got any good two step word problems suitable for year 2, or know where i can find some? Been trying to find soem for ages and not having much luck.
    Thanks x

2. myrtle

myrtle Occasional commenter

Might be easier to make some of your own?

I often find searching takes longer than doing it yourself!

3. myrtle

4. myrtle

5. I have done a word problem sheet for year 2 this week if you would like a copy, may be a starting point anyway. My email addressy is rainbowelephant@hotmail.com

6. There were x nouns on a noun and y nouns on another noun. Z nouns were verbed by noun. How many nouns were left on both nouns?

A container hold x nouns when full. There are y containers of nouns. Z nouns are taken away. How many nouns are left?

There are x nouns, y nouns and x nouns in an area. How many nouns are there altogether?

It's really just a matter of changing a few key words.

7. Hi, we have the Apex maths software in school which produces hundreds of 1 or 2 step problems using whichever operation(s) you are teaching, it links the problems to length, money, time etc. too. Let me know what you're after and i'll e-mail you some.