1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

two starters

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by nizebaby, Oct 20, 2019.

1. nizebaby

nizebaby Star commenter

Does anyone else do this? My diminished appetite struggles with anything more.

I mean two starters instead of a starter and main course, by the way.

2. primarycat

primarycat Star commenter

Sometimes, yes. Or we share dishes. It depends where we are and how hungry we are.

nizebaby likes this.
  3. nick909

nick909 Star commenter

We shared six starters between two at a Thai restaurant last night;)

catmother and primarycat like this.
  4. nizebaby

nizebaby Star commenter

Hi nick!

5. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Yes, sometimes.

nizebaby likes this.
  6. bizent

bizent Star commenter

Two?! When we eat at our local “bar kitchen” we have six because the mains are not worth the money (unless they have an offer)

nizebaby and primarycat like this.
  7. sbkrobson

sbkrobson Star commenter

Two desserts would probably be of interest to me.

primarycat likes this.
  8. frustum

frustum Star commenter

Restaurants will deal with most things. Daughter used to have two starters when she was younger, or just a main but brought with the starters. Husband sometimes decides he likes all of the starters and none of the mains, and has four starters - he tells them to bring them in whatever order suits the kitchen, and they usually bring two with our starters and two with our mains. I hate him doing it, but the restaurants never seem to mind.

9. towncryer

towncryer Senior commenter

We sometimes order starters only or even share a main. Its no problem here and they bring an extra plate and cutlery with good grace. Portions are always too big for us so if we don't share we usually take a doggy bag home.

10. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

I should do this more often. I can't manage 3 courses very often and often my favourite things are in the starters.