1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Two interviews on the same day - advice

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by thegirlwho, May 22, 2011.

1. Hi!

I am in the fortunate position of having two interviews in one day this week on Thursday. :) Luckily I can manage them both, one in the am one in the pm.

They are both excellent schools, but I have only visited one. I think the one I have visited would be my preferred choice as it's closer to my home. That said, the second choice would also be a great school to work at!

On the off chance that I was to be offered both, and the second choice school called first - what would I say? Would I have some time to sleep on it? Given that I'd certainly accept it if I wasn't accepted by the first choice school.

What about when they ask if I am a firm candidate? Do I say yes and explain that I've had / am having another interview that day?

Anyone been in a similar situation?

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

A great situation - well done!
    Read this thread - it'll tell you all:
    https://community.tes.co.uk/forums/p/491160/6755761.aspx#6755761

Go for the truth. Say that you are very impressed by school, and at this moment feel that you would wish to accept blah, blah, blah, but have a second interview that afternoon.
    Let them see that you are in demand!
    Best of luck to you.
    I look forward to you starting a new thread called Dear Theo - I got that job!

TheoGriff. Member of the TES Careers Advice Service.

I
    do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the
    Job Application Workshops. We look at application letters, executive
    summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really
    appreciate.

The Job Seminars are all sold out, I'm afraid, but Julia is planning some more later on.

A new SLT seminar is planned for 18 June.

E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.

Look forward to seeing you!

3. oh decisions decisions.... at least you're lucky and can go to both interviews - I've been invited to two on Wednesday, and unless they're prepared to change arrangements for me which I'm not really expecting, I will lose out on one of my very few chances of getting a job... will ring and ask of course