1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

two greedy italians

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by egyptgirl, Apr 19, 2012.

1. egyptgirl

egyptgirl Senior commenter

Is on bbc2 now.

2. egyptgirl

Is on bbc2 now.

3. I'm Watchdogging - I want to see what Claire's say about their persistent copyright infringement !

4. Damn. Only just seen this thread. :-(
    What copyright is Claire's infringing, Pobbs? I'm intrigued!

5. henriette

henriette New commenter

anch'io

6. Ah, I see. The rotters (Claire's).
    What's that H?

7. From Tatty Devines site:
    Claire’s Accessories’ lawyers wrote to us today to say that the dinosaur
    necklace, fishbone necklace and banana necklace have now been removed
    from sale. They are not admitting that these designs are infringements,
    and they have not withdrawn all designs.
    We are taking legal advice on
    their letter, but we are pleased to have a response and that these three
    items have been withdrawn from sale.

A partial win then! Wonder why it took Watchdog so long to report on it? And why didn't they press Claires for a comment? OK Annie didn't like the designs (me neither, I am no Jessie Jay) and I don't think the fishbone is new iether - I was making them in silver about 25 years ago! But hey! They usually embarrass the big boys!

8. Ditto or me too, I think!

9. I am sooooooooooooooo sorry, egyptgirl.

That was unforgiveably rude of me !

10. henriette

henriette New commenter

sorry: "me too"

11. henriette

henriette New commenter

I'm feeling very stupid:
    1) I cannot open that link
    2) On googling I cannot find any link between 2 Greedy Italians and Claire's accessories
    3) I cannot in my wildest dreams imagine how Claire's have infringed copyright on any aspect of this programme
    Help me out here, please - or am I as stupid as I think?????????????

12. No! T'was me.
    I leaped in to say I was NOT watching 2 Italians cos I was watching Watchdog!
    I went on to further divert the thread by explaining why!
    I am a bad Pobble I am a bad Pobble I am a bad Pobble I am a bad Pobble I am a bad Pobble I am a bad Pobble I am a bad Pobble I am a bad Pobble I am a bad Pobble I am a bad Pobble

Doubly bad now!

13. egyptgirl

Eh?

I saw the first 20 mins and fell asleep then got woken up by the football that Mr EG had turned it over to. Now feeling drowsy and confused!

14. henriette

henriette New commenter

OK -<u> NOT</u> bad Pobble - unconfused silly H![​IMG]

15. egyptgirl

Oh is it Clares accessories?

16. modelmaker

modelmaker Occasional commenter

I actually know Tatty Devine personally and supplied some of the kit they use. It's easy to think of their jewellery being overpriced if you don't know what's involved in producing it, and more importantly, what's been involved in developing their ideas and developing a brand that film stars will wear. It's a business with massive marketing overheads.
    They're a lovely bunch, they employ a lot more people than I imagined they would, and it's one of the happiest work environments I've encountered. Their concepts have insired lots of other small business to try something similar, but none so blatently as Claire's Acccessories who clearly thought they had the financial clout to steal Tatty's work and get away with it. I hope the girls got a decent out of court settlement.

17. I enjoyed the programme because I love Italy, but I don't know what the bullsh1t in the previous posts is about.

18. I love the two Greedy Italians. I love to watch two grown men derive such pleasure from the taste of a "borrowed" orange or a slice of salami.
    I was surprised by some of the facts that emerged from last night's show....that Italy has the lowest birth rate in Europe, that it also has one of the highest rates of child obesity too. It was sad to see children not given a packed lunch for school - just money which they spent on crisps and chocolate from vending machines.
    I did laugh at Gennaro's assertion that Jesus and Mary were obviously Italian......she thinks he is a god and he thinks she is a virgin....

19. I love these two but the pigs blood turned my stomach.
    I'd much rather eat junk from a vending machine that Gennaro's chocolate blood pudding.