1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Two Greedy Italians

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by anon468, May 4, 2011.

1. anon468

anon468 New commenter

First episode of 4 tonight. Absolutely loved it - made me want to get on a plane and go to Italy again NOW!
    Next week, Naples and the Amalfi coast (go to Sorrento, please, please). *sigh* [​IMG]

2. nick909

nick909 Lead commenter

Taped (can't bring myself to say whatever the modern digital parlance for 'taped' is) it and will watch tonight when back from dinner.

3. Yes I thoroughly enjoyed this and I don't usually watch much of the Chef programmes.
    Yes the rehab place looked a good idea. I'm sure we've got something like that in this country - well we have the prison in London with the high class public restaurant. but nothing modern and sunny, surrounded by vines LOL
    Now I want to make tortellini. I usually make it with circles but they used that interesting cutter. I want one!

4. modelmaker

modelmaker Occasional commenter

I watched it today. The theme seems to be about love. Love of cooking for people you love, love involved in preparing food that might take ages to mature, possibly, as in the case of the balsamic vinegar making something future generations will enjoy.
    It was interesting to discover that life in Italy is slowly becoming no different from here. I feel very sad it appears impossible to put the brakes on, even for a short while to consider where the pressures of life will take them and reflect.
    I shaln't pretend for a moment that I'm a particularly good or knowledgable cook but every meal I undertake is prepared with love for those that will eat it, mostly of course, my wife and my dog. I'd regard myself as a failure if I didn't take whatever steps I was able to to cook something that was likely to be enjoyable to eat.
    It's mrs modelmaker's birthday tomorrow and she will be very disappointed if I don't make her a hand-made card. I could have bought one in the shop, but how much would it say compared to the trouble I shall now attend to? The same must apply to what we cook everyday.

5. anon468

anon468 New commenter

6. anon468

anon468 New commenter

It's on in less than half an hour, TGI fans!!
    Then The Apprentice. I do love a Wednesday. [​IMG]

7. Me too - can't wait...

8. anon468

anon468 New commenter

That was pure, unadulterated bliss. The NHS should prescribe this for stress relief.
    Ahhhhhh... [​IMG]

9. henriette

henriette New commenter

I've seen trunks used as a carrying pouch numerous time sin Italy and in Greece.

10. I had to do a double take when the octopus waved a tentacle...
    Its strange to think that when he was a boy his family couldn't afford the kind of food he and Antonio were eating. Makes you realise how poor Italy was in the 50s and why so many Italians emigrated.

11. egyptgirl

egyptgirl Senior commenter

I'd never seen it before - I'd still eat it but it just shocked me!