1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Two agencies sending your CV to same school

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by msrivas, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Good afternoon everybody,
    I have had my CV sent to the same school by two agencies and they are "fighting" to get my authorisation to get their fees....
    What happened is that one of the agencies (agency A) asked me to send my cv to this school and when they did, the school replied that they already had my cv from other agency (agency B).
    So agency A calls me and informs me about the situation, but I didn´t know that agency B had sent my CV without my permission and I didn´t even know which agency is was.
    Agency A asks me to write a mail giving them the right to represent me over agency B. I do this and 5 minutes later, someone from agency B calls me and talks to me in a very rude way and tries to convince me to give them the right to represent me. He says they sent my CV before and they had the right.
    Could anybody tell me if this is true? Even if agency B sent my cv without permission, do they have the right to represent me just because they sent it before?
    The thing is they are pussing me a lot and it is the first time this happens to me, so any advice would be appreciated.
    Thank you!

2. les25paul

les25paul Star commenter

A tricky delima, perhaps this is one way of resolving it.
    The CV sent recently by Agency A was an updated one with additional information which helped to secure the post. The older CV sent in the past by Agency B was missing some recent experience you've got since its first draft. If Agency B were "on the ball" they would have contacted you for any recent data before re-submitting your CV. Its a little incompetent of them to expect a client to be happy with out of date information. I'm with two agencies, both of them ask me for updates on a regular basis.
    Or you could send the school a copy of your CV yourself and claim the registration fee [​IMG]

3. teacha

teacha Occasional commenter

This has happened to me a couple of times, in both cases an agency has asked me to send off my details, whilst another has simply sent them off and got there first. I always ask the agency that asked me first to represent me, as they have had the courtesy to discuss it with me, regardless of the fact that another one beat them to it. Hope that helps.

4. I find it unbelievable that any agency would do this.Surely they must consider the fact that you may not wish to work full time in a particular school. I currently work about 3 days a week, by choice. I was asked yesterday if I'd like to be put forward for a one term full time post for the summer term. The school had asked for particular teachers to be considered. I would have been really annoyed if the agency had just forwarded my CV without reference to me. As it is I've agreed that they can as it's a nice school but I won't be bothered if I don't get the job as I don't really want full time. I like day to day work.