1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Twitter ... what is the hash tag for

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Milly Molly, May 8, 2011.

1. Thats cleared that up then......or not! Love Twitter but am glad i'm not alone in not getting the mysterious hashtag. I didn't like to ask!!!

2. So, if I have an interest and am in a group (outside of twitter) me and my group would say to one another ...
    when we are on twitter we should put # before the word BANJO so that we can easily see when we
    (and others perhaps) are talking about banjoes

Is that right?

3. What's Gabby Logan done?
    Sometimes people will use the hashtag as a joke rather than an attempt to join a discussion, e.g. I burnt the toast this morning #JamieOliverI'mnot

4. Yes, that's right [​IMG]

You could devise your own # so it's easier to find tweets specific to your group

5. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

Why bother? I cannot see what the benefits of twittering could possibly be? It rhymes with a word that sounds tha same but starts with SH. To me that is what it is: a pile of it.

6. No? Really?

7. arsinh

arsinh New commenter

Twitter users all outed her as having a superinjunction after a supposed affair with Alan Shearer. The tabloids then ran a poor Gabby feature - the bit about the superinjunction was totally untrue.
    If you follow the chap named InjunctionSuper you can see who really DOES have superinjunctions if you wish. However, read now as I expect his account will disappear very shortly.

8. DM

DM New commenter

Choccybox, Gabby Logan was on the front cover of The Mirror this week - twitter says she has a superinjunction but apparently it is rubbish.
    The hashtag #superinjunction is perpetually trending and it reveals the holders of the superinjunctions amid a whole load of baseless speculation.
    The twitter feed needs to be read alongside the Sunday papers.
    For example, the Mail On Sunday is running this article today:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1384757/Your-Secret-Life-So-mention-wife-Hugh---fact-drives-Volvo.html
    The last paragraph makes interesting reading.