1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Twitter - anyone worth following?

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by MasterMaths, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Hi all
    I've recently started following a few mathsy type people on Twitter, and also keep an eye on a few hashtags, such as #mathchat, #edchat and #ukedchat
    My main reason for this is to keep up to date with articles/research, share ideas on resources and find out especially about the use of ICT/"Digital Technologies" to aid with teaching maths. It all started after reading Dan Meyer's blog, which was recommended on this forum by someone, so thanks for that!
    I was just wondering if anyone has any tweeters whom they would recommend - and don't be modest, feel free to include yourself if you wish!
    I've not yet actually tweeted anything, but if anyone just wants to see who I'm following then have a look, I'm @UKMathsTeacher
    Thaks

2. Hi all
    I've recently started following a few mathsy type people on Twitter, and also keep an eye on a few hashtags, such as #mathchat, #edchat and #ukedchat
    My main reason for this is to keep up to date with articles/research, share ideas on resources and find out especially about the use of ICT/"Digital Technologies" to aid with teaching maths. It all started after reading Dan Meyer's blog, which was recommended on this forum by someone, so thanks for that!
    I was just wondering if anyone has any tweeters whom they would recommend - and don't be modest, feel free to include yourself if you wish!
    I've not yet actually tweeted anything, but if anyone just wants to see who I'm following then have a look, I'm @UKMathsTeacher
    Thaks

3. stewarty

stewarty New commenter

@atmaths
    @MathsInspiratn
    @mathsandsport
    @EmathsUK
    @NCETM
    @mrbartonmaths
    I'm sure there are many more but that is just a few.

4. Andrew Jeffrey

Andrew Jeffrey New commenter

I'll follow you! (I'm @AJMagicmessage btw)

5. Thanks guys - was already following a couple of those, but will add the others too.

6. Colleen_Young

Colleen_Young Occasional commenter

@ColleenYoung

7. Colleen_Young

...recently asked a question on Twitter - had a reply within 5 minutes! For the sceptics out there - Twitter can be seriously useful!

8. Do you have a top 3 to follow Casy?

9. Colleen_Young

Top 3 is tricky - I have a list of Maths Teachers which I need to check - I'll do that!

10. @Kennycounts

11. adamcreen

adamcreen Occasional commenter

@adamcreen

does that count as advertising?

12. @nrichmaths. But then I would say that, wouldn't I?
    Quite a few of the NRICH team tweet on their own accounts too, I am @ajk_44.
    If you're interested in recreational maths, the #mathsjam hashtag is worth keeping an eye on on the penultimate Tuesday of the month for interesting maths puzzles.

13. Thanks Alison - seen quite a few of your posts and I think that @nrichmaths was (one of) the first ones I added!
    Will keep an eye on mathsjam too then!

14. Andrew Jeffrey

Andrew Jeffrey New commenter

@adamcreen - pretty sure that doesn't count as advertising.

15. paulcollins

paulcollins New commenter

I will follow you @UKMathsTeacher, I'm @mrprcollins (I'm a Mathematics Teacher on the GTP)
    I find @Maths_Master really useful for resources too!

16. adamcreen

adamcreen Occasional commenter

17. Don't forget to follow the TES Maths Twitter @tesmaths where you'll find Colin Hill and Craig Barton sharing maths resources and chatting about all things maths related.
    Gail

18. mrteachmaths

mrteachmaths New commenter

I?m on twitter as @Richard_Wade to share resources with like minded individuals. I find it incredibly useful for keeping up to date and finding great new resources. Here are a few to add to your list
    @mathhombre
    @teachmaths

I find @geogebra useful to follow to find Geogebra resources or better still the #geogebra hashtag

19. I tweet all of the time and have recently found lots of people that share their resources and ideas on there. I have found it really useful when I have been running low on ideas or I may have wanted to add something. @smiles2506 :) embrace the technology :)

20. @workedgechaos

I'm really intermittent with it.