1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Twilight

Discussion in 'Part-time and job share' started by newmummy1, Feb 11, 2019.

1. newmummy1

newmummy1 New commenter

Hello

My school have two 'disaggregated' days at the end of the school year, and to 'earn' these staff work a number of twilight sessions throughout the year to make up the directed time.

I am part time and do not work on the 'disaggregated' days in question. Should I still be expected to attend the twilight CPD sessions?

2. frustum

frustum Star commenter

No. You wouldn't have done if they'd been on the original days, unless your school offered that you could attend and be paid, and you decided you'd like to. If they want you to attend, and you're happy to, you should be paid the extra two days pay.

Might be worth a call to your union, though - so you can say "I've checked with my union and..."

strawbs likes this.
  3. strawbs

strawbs Established commenter

4. LYNETTEHEALEY

LYNETTEHEALEY New commenter

What if you work the disaggregate day but the twilight inset is being held on a day you don’t work. What happens then???

5. frustum

frustum Star commenter

They still can't ask you to work on a day you don't normally work, so you don't have to go. They could, I think, ask you to be in school on the day that has been disaggregated, or they could pass you the materials from the twilight inset to look at at a different time. Or you could come to some mutual agreement - if there's a course you want to go on which is on a non-working day, then perhaps that could be in lieu of the day you're not doing.