1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Tweet @bbcquestiontime, question for Nicky Morgan, 17th March 2016

Discussion in 'Education news' started by Vince_Ulam, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Vince_Ulam

Vince_Ulam Star commenter

Shedman and Scintillant like this.
  2. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

Someone might like to ask "Is this why you're making it compulsory?"
    [​IMG]

Shedman likes this.
  3. MrMedia

MrMedia Star commenter

Why don't you consult qualified teachers before making your proposals? Are you scared that they won't support your plans?

delnon, Shedman and Jesmond12 like this.
  4. zannar

zannar New commenter

Why, if you value teachers so much (cough) do you think we only deserve a 1% rise when MPs ,who do not understand anything about educating children, want 10?
    Why do you not listen to the teachers, children and mental health professionals who have much more expertise?

delnon and Shedman like this.
  5. darklord11

darklord11 Occasional commenter

You are your predecessors have done a ..hit job for years so why aren't you all held accountable, put through capability and barred from ever holding public office.

katykook, delnon and Shedman like this.
  6. delnon

delnon Lead commenter

What are your educational qualifications? Do you have a DBS certificate?

7. chelsea2

chelsea2 Star commenter

What's 12 x 11?
    What's a subordinating conjunction?
    Give me a sentence with a fronted adverbial.
    Can you do these 36 arithmetic questions in 30 minutes?

8. chelsea2

chelsea2 Star commenter

I can't stand watching QT - it makes my blood boil. So what happened with Nicky? Was she challenged? Could she answer the questions?

9. cissy3

cissy3 Star commenter

Same here, but I made an exception last night.
    IMO Nicky Morgan was terrible, and unable to justify 'academisation'

The papers today seem to be focussing on her response to cuts to disability benefits.Not a lot on academies.

If you want to subject yourself to her hopeless response, it is in the link below from about 34 mins

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b07453vd/question-time-17032016

10. Shedman

Shedman Star commenter

I sat through morgan's appearance on question time and it was clear to me she had been briefed to downplay Osbo's disastrous cut to disabled benefits. On academisation what annoyed me was her assertion that academies were far superior to local authority schools with no evidence to back it up. An out and out porky pie!!

cissy3 likes this.
  11. whitestag

whitestag Senior commenter

Nicky, dear. Would you mind if I observed you teaching my class so I can learn from your superior wisdom and experience of educational brilliance? Last thing on any Friday afternoon is a good time for me. Thanks.

cissy3 likes this.