1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

TV Ads for teaching

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by Hazel Catkins, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Don't they have a slogan like, "If you think something is interesting, it's up to you to prove it." This makes little sense to me, as a supply teacher, because I am so often left with work which is meaningless, drearyl and tedious. There may be interesting elements concealed within, but these are not a part of the target, objective or test. One of the several reasons I get behaviour problems, is because the work is so unedifying.
    Having said this, some teachers try hard to leave activities which are lively and stimulating, but these seem to be a minority. They are often the same teachers who try to tailor the work to the childrens' ability. Sadly, these also seem to be the ones whose spirit is broken by Ofsted.
    On the subject of the number of teachers being trained. Question: Why is it preferable to constantly supply NQTs, than to treat experienced teachers fairly? Answer: it's cheaper. Society seems to find this acceptable.