1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Tutoting

Discussion in 'Private tutors' started by Nicolaellis6, Sep 6, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Nicolaellis6

Nicolaellis6 New commenter

ive been tutoring for a few years and got all my students from word of mouth.
    I’ve just gone back to work and want just one or two children to tutor. What’s the best way to advertise?
    I put myself on tutor hunt but not got anything yet.
    I’m a maths teacher with both gcse and a level experience (been teaching 5 years)

2. Vince_Ulam

Vince_Ulam Star commenter

Get settled into your new job for a year.

Mrsmumbles likes this.
  3. Nicolaellis6

Sorry no new job. Lost my old kids I tutored as they sat their GCSEs last summer.

4. Vince_Ulam

Vince_Ulam Star commenter

You said you have gone back to work. If not in a school then still it would be advisable to spend some time settling in, presuming it's a another professional workplace.

franmac1 likes this.
  5. gainly

gainly Occasional commenter

The best way to get students is word of mouth. If you've been tutoring a few years you may well get people contact you over the next few weeks, it often takes a couple of weeks to settle into school before they start thinking about tuition.

Otherwise there are already several threads on this forum about ways of advertising for students so have a look at those for ideas.

6. RuthTom

RuthTom Occasional commenter

Old-fashioned, but I get most of my tutees through a little poster in the local post offices and shops. Tutor Hunt seems to have dried up for now.

7. Kateray1

Kateray1 New commenter

I’m on a website and getting busy now, been doing tutoring this way since June.

8. Nicolaellis6

Hey which website?

9. Kateray1

Kateray1 New commenter

Hi
    I’ve tried to put it on here but it breaches the advertising rules.

Mrsmumbles likes this.