1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Tutors International

Discussion in 'Private tutors' started by juggling_john, Mar 17, 2012.

1. I've seen an advert on the Tutors International website for a tutoring role which I am interested in. I wanted to find out a little more before applying, as I've read some mixed reviews about T.I. on the internet.

Some say they are extremely professional, while others say they have received rather rude and unhelpful responses from them. I was wondering if anyone has worked for them before, and tell me your experience with them?

Some of the information on their website seemed to conflict with information in their terms and conditions, as well as information found elsewhere on the web. To try to clarify things, I contacted them recently to see if they could provide a sample contract between the client & TI, and the tutor and TI. I realised that this was probably asking a bit too much, but you don't get if you don't ask! Unsurprisingly, they refused (if anyone would like to send me a copy of theirs - details removed - that would be great!).

It seems as though they make the tutors they recruit a board member of the company, rather than an employee as suggested on their website. I was wondering what tax implications this would have. Would I have to register as self employed, and then sort out paying my own tax? If that's the case, and I then work in a foreign country for them, would I also have to pay tax in the host country (i.e. pay 2 lots of tax)?

Sorry for the bombardment of questions...... hopefully someone can help :)

Thank You!

2. Any help would be great!