1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Tutoring - more money, no planning, less hours and zero stress

Discussion in 'Private tutors' started by bignosegringo, Aug 26, 2010.

1. toby_vintin

toby_vintin New commenter

In response to one or two previous comments about paying to be on a tutor database, [This comment/section/image has been removed for breaching our Community Guidelines/Terms and conditions] does not charge to carry your details and contacts you when an appropriate customer enquiry is received. Lessons can be in college or face-to-face but also online for tutors not based in the area. All levels covered from primary, to GCSE, to A Level, and most subjects. They also serve as an exam centre for private candidates and regularly require tutors to administer non-exam assessment components such as orals or coursework authentication and marking.

2. frustum

frustum Star commenter

I don't know how the censoring works, but it's interesting that it has picked up the last post, but not the previous one, whose author has posted in 7 threads, some very elderly!

3. BG54

BG54 New commenter

I think it depends whether the posts are from "new" members and have to be checked by the admins. I've been on here for some time but have so far failed to convince the admins that I'm neither a spambot nor Michael Gove. ;-)

4. peakster

peakster Star commenter

I'm Spartacus

5. David Getling

David Getling Lead commenter

It's not just you BG54. The mod's loath people like me, who aren't lovey dovey lefties, and so pre-moderate everything I post. This despite the fact that I've been posting for years, and many enjoy and agree with my posts.

As others have pointed out it's the freedom to express opinions that may offend some snowflakes that make forums a bit more interesting. Having said this, however, you will find that there are some teacher's pets who the mods do give free reign to, to be as obnoxious as they like: to people that the mods don't like.