1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Tutor time.....PE teacher views...

Discussion in 'Physical education' started by saintharry13, Jan 5, 2012.

1. saintharry13

saintharry13 New commenter

Good morning...just trying to gather views from PE teachers, as they seem to be (in my experience) slightly more creative than some other teachers. I am currently doing my MLDP course and I hav to do a whole school project where I can measure change. I am also currently an acting house leader as well, so I have decided to do mine based on tutor times, and making the time more usable for pupils and in turn a more usable time for tutors.
    Basically, we have 20 mins in the morning, between 8.30 and 8.50;the usual thing are done, registers, detentions given out, notices given out, tutor group challenges, daily activiies like silent reading, etc. We also currently operate a vertical tutor system as well, so a TG of about 25 is made up from all year groups.
    I am willing to try anything (not sure if some of my tutors would say the same) and I have a lot of ideas in my head already. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

2. saintharry13

saintharry13 New commenter

Good morning...just trying to gather views from PE teachers, as they seem to be (in my experience) slightly more creative than some other teachers. I am currently doing my MLDP course and I hav to do a whole school project where I can measure change. I am also currently an acting house leader as well, so I have decided to do mine based on tutor times, and making the time more usable for pupils and in turn a more usable time for tutors.
    Basically, we have 20 mins in the morning, between 8.30 and 8.50;the usual thing are done, registers, detentions given out, notices given out, tutor group challenges, daily activiies like silent reading, etc. We also currently operate a vertical tutor system as well, so a TG of about 25 is made up from all year groups.
    I am willing to try anything (not sure if some of my tutors would say the same) and I have a lot of ideas in my head already. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

3. i am currently a y 8 for tutor and we have thirty students 2:50-3:20,
    i often do logical puzzles you can download from internet, i am currently running the asdan pshe award in form time so at end of year 9 they will recive certificate. also as you have vertical t g you
    could use all the languages of the students to create guide books to school and local area in each language, this can be done with photos taken in school and local area or on powerpoint if you have computer access